Bjj dojos temporarily closing for Social Distancing

Discussion in 'Boxing & Grappling' started by Palma, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Palma

Palma I am chaos

We decided yesterday to close the Academy until we feel it's safer to train again. Possibly for months, who knows. It was a very tough decision, but it feels good to know we are doing our part.

Nebraska, Virtualpurple, Kano and 2 others like this.
  2. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Good stuff man.

Palma likes this.
  3. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

We are staying open until further notice. If our gym closed down, it may never recover. This virus has already ruined the biggest day in the gym's history, the owners and the members are determined for it to not ruin the gym.

Noise likes this.
  4. Palma

Palma I am chaos

We're in the same boat: we may not recover. But it's worth it, and if they listen to you, well you should tell them to close and for members to keep paying their tuition. If they weren't meant to have an academy, that is terrible. But weather they stay ahead of it, or are forced too, they will have to close. There are just bigger things going than a business succeeding, at this time.

Poindexter likes this.
  5. Dimson

Maybe it is just a Florida thing, but no gyms around here are closing. In fact my so m son is doing a no gi boot camp at 10th Planet Jacksonville this weekend.

6. Palma

Palma I am chaos

No, we're the first school to close in the Sacramento area. It's just better to be ahead of it. There are more important things than training or having a business. You can't do either if your body and clients are ravaged by this.

For god's sake, do not let him go.

7. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

We aren’t closing yet.

Dimson likes this.
  8. Palma

Palma I am chaos

You should stop training. Be a leader

Virtualpurple likes this.
  9. Miz

I only coach now. I’m most scared my AA meetings will be canceled.

I wish you luck Palma. I respect you and am glad you’re being a leader.

10. Palma

Palma I am chaos

If one single person has it while you are present at the academy, you have it. Everyone you contact after will have it.

There is a very small chance that you are A symptomatic, and an equally small chance that you will die from it.

The largest percentage of people will suffer from the illness before getting better. Everything from cold and flu like symptoms, to being hospitalized with an intabation tube drowning in your own lungs.

People who are saying "it's just the flu" don't realize that if you are young enough to survive it, that you will be permanently fucked up by it. We're talking about a compromised respiratory system that will keep you from training for the rest of your lives.

11. Dimson

Every gym in Florida is shut down. My gym is now doing virtual courses to give students things to do and to hopefully keep members through this mess. As of now, my gym, as far as I know of, still has their childcare open for parents who are not forced home as of yet. I am going to do my part to insure my gym stays open. I just hope everyone steps up and does their part too.

12. Miz

We are closed also. I enjoy coaching the youth class. I will look forward to when we open back up.

13. Miz

14. Dimson

My gym is still open as a day care. They are also posting daily technique videos on Facebook which is really sweet.