1. It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. Discuss: "UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We've created a backup site in case the forum experiences any technical difficulties. Please bookmark the following addresses: www.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/ and/or www.nm.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/. All urgent announcements will be posted there in the event that the main site goes down. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

BJ Penn Training

Discussion in 'MMA University' started by titan, Aug 4, 2010.

1. titan

titan One Event Wonder

Did BJ train with Marv Marinovich for the first Edgar fight? Also, is he training with Marv for the rematch?

To me, Marv is the key for BJ's growth and sustained dominance. He needs somebody to push him when he trains, and his team in Hawaii can't do that

2. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

He did train with Marv...I think the humidity took a toll on BJ, and the travel. Jetlag can be a bitch. I doubt the UFC does an outside card again like that one.

3. ArMnHC

ArMnHC Great Chimdale County Man

yes he did train with Marv and his brother. and im sure he's training with him again. Marv has helped bring the best out of BJ.

BJ had a sinus infection while he was in Abu Dhabi. i dont care what anyone says, that shit sucks! i have had two of them in the past 3 months. it zaps all your energy and id imagine a fighter with a serious sinus infection would have major issues training. props to BJ for making it 25 minutes.

4. foundstarr

foundstarr Inspector SpaceTime Site Donor

Humidity here is so random, everyone I know is having sinus problems.

I've had a sinus headache for a week, it will effect your life, regardless of what you do.

5. strife

strife I

I'm a massive BJ fan...he's my favorite fighter. But honestly, he lives in Hawaii so I can't imagine the humidity would be that big of an issue. Also, it's not like BJ was the only one having to deal with the travel, humidity, and all the other dumb shit that came along with fighting at Abu Dhabi.