Ben Carson Refers to Slaves as ‘Immigrants’ in First Remarks to HUD Staff

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Thamob, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Thamob

Thamob ISYMFS

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/06/...rants-in-first-remarks-to-hud-staff.html?_r=0

This guy is the biggest f-ing idiot

kanobro and Poindexter like this.
  2. Mr. Cornute

Mr. Cornute Prince of Saiyan...stuff.

-Immigrant by the definition means that a person came her willingly, slaves did not come willingly and by the very definition they weren't here willingly.
    -As far as 'working hard', they didn't have a choice as they were enslaved.
    -Uhhh, those slaves weren't thinking of prosperity as much as they were thinking of being 'free'. If prosperity means you don't have to be under another humans whip in a literal sense then yeah they were thinking of prosperity

See, Carson proves that someone can have a Ph.D. and be an expert in their field yet absolutely stupid in areas outside of their field of practice. One can be an expert in neuroscience and be dumb everywhere else.

ATJ-Lucko and Poindexter like this.
  3. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

No he doesn't. Ben Carson doesn't have a PhD.

4. 0mega1

0mega1 Well-Known Member

He's an MD.

jokerthief likes this.
  5. jokerthief

jokerthief No reason to get excited. Site Donor

PhD, MD, doesn't matter, the point still stands.

Mr. Cornute likes this.
  6. Mr. Cornute

Mr. Cornute Prince of Saiyan...stuff.

I apologize I was wrong. I thought he had a PhD in something. I knew he was a world renowned neurosurgeon. He's received Honorary doctorates...which is where my confusion may have been.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    ATJ-Lucko likes this.
  7. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

8. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

Ben Carson is proof that having a Phd does not preclude you from being an absolute fuckface.

9. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

No he isn't. He's proof that being a medical doctor does not preclude one from being a fuckface.

10. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Hard to believe this guy has a PhD
    --- Post Added -- Mar 8, 2017, ---
    [​IMG]

Dimson likes this.
  11. SickNasty

Ben Carson isn't a fuckface?

12. Neganomics

Neganomics I know nothing.

Damn man. That's kind of what I was banking on.

0mega1 and Poindexter like this.
  13. 0mega1

0mega1 Well-Known Member

This quote from a speech from President Obama, 12/15/15: "So life in America was not always easy. It wasn't always easy for new immigrants. Certainly, it wasn't easy for those of African heritage who had not come here voluntarily and yet in their own way were immigrants themselves. There was discrimination and hardship and poverty. But, like you, they no doubt found inspiration in all those who had come before them."

Now Dr Carson didnt say it quite as eloquently as President Obama but essentially said the same thing. I dont recall the media buzz or having a thread about it.
    --- Post Added -- Mar 8, 2017, ---
    Thats Dr Fuck face to you

sourdough, Hassquatch and Kevo like this.
  14. SickNasty

Hypocrisy pointed out, noone reflects on it, nothing changes, rinse and repeat.

15. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

Contently loving to hate, argue, fight. Hypocritical.

16. unforgivn

unforgivn Nunquam Fidelis

It's not hypocrisy so much as people's willingness to go with the most charitable interpretation of political allies' words and the least charitable interpretation when dealing with political foes.

17. Hassquatch

Hassquatch Slayer

Point is that this "style of politics" does nothing to progress, improve, or achieve.

Kevo likes this.
  18. jokerthief

jokerthief No reason to get excited. Site Donor

[​IMG]

19. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

not quite the same, but where was the outrage from the right when Obama said this, no they were too busy being upset over michelle's baring her arms, or a thousand other non controversial things that Obama did like beergate.
    But of course conservatives are not gonna get mad and defend slaves when you have guys like in your party.

20. 0mega1

0mega1 Well-Known Member

Why would there be outrage? Its a harmless statement in my opinion; I think its funny that people on the left make a huge deal out of what Carson said but all you hear is crickets from the left when Obama said essentially the same thing.

Upset over Michelles arms? I dont recall ever hearing anything about Michelle's arms but then again I dont read Brietbart or watch Sean Hannity so I couldnt tell you.

Are you referring to the white guy in the video? Also, please tell me which party I belong to? Im pretty sure Ive said it on multiple occasions that Im not a Republican; Im a Libertarian. I agree with a lot of Republican policies (mostly fiscal) and disagree with a lot of their policies (mainly social). Therefore I identify as a Libertarian; fiscally conservative and socially liberal.