Ben Askren #1 Welterweight In The World [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Poindexter, May 16, 2014.

1. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

I’m not missing the point. I think you have to look at the whole picture. When you’re cocky and talking shit like that, you have to eat your words when you lose. Especially with the controversy in his last fight. Askren has basically said Jorge was the better man that night and he doesn’t deserve a rematch against him. Well yeah. I’m sorry but you don’t get credit for saying/doing what you’re supposed to say. Especially, again, with his last fight.

I think it was Chris Rock who did a bit about people bragging for doing shit they’re supposed to do.

2. Ramma

Ramma Judo Throws Arouse Me

Except plenty of shit talking fighters talk shit, lose, and have chosen to keep talking shit and make excuses. Acting like Askren has no other choice but to be humble is far from accurate. But, we will go in circles forever on this.

3. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Again, the whole situation. How many other fighters get beat up and win by a controversial ref stoppage, don’t give a rematch, then get knocked out in their next fight. Sure he could have said it was a fluke and called for a rematch. And he would have been ridiculed. Just because he’s a tool before the right doesn’t mean he gets some credit for not being a tool after the fight. Again, maybe it’s just me, but I don’t give people credit just for not being a shitty person. That’s kinda the bare minimum

4. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Okay Chris I’m not going to argue much, but what makes him a shifty person? That he talks shit to sell a fight? He is a family man. A two time Hodge winner. An Olympian. A former team mate of my friends. He is not a shitty person. I guess it’s all subjective, but I don’t see how he is a shitty person for speaking his mind. He has accomplished more in his life than most. I should probably just exit these threads. That would probably be smart cause I greatly consider you and another guy on here my friend. I just think a shitty person is a bit much. A man that beats his wife, or fucks around is a shitty person, imo. I don’t see how Askren is a shitty person, but I may be to personally involved.

Dimson and Kano like this.
  5. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Maybe not a shitty person. Just a tool
    --- Post Added -- Jul 16, 2019, ---
    Am I the only one who sees it like that? I mean, we’re giving a grown man credit simply for not being a shitty sportsman. Something we teach children

6. Miz

I can handle tool.

7. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

You’d handle Askren’s tool

Miz likes this.
  8. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I think they're giving a grown man credit for taking a loss like a man and not making excuses.

Anchorpunch, Dimson and Kano like this.
  9. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Well said. Askren is a class act.

10. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Kinda hard to act otherwise.
    No, he really has no other choice. He was straight up destroyed legitimately. Highlight reel for life and the bad end or a UFC record that can stand for decades.

I'm not going to give him props for not talking shit after a decade of talking shit

chrisc likes this.
  11. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

But not impossible. See: Sonnen, Chael

12. Palma

Palma I am chaos

You can't chalk it up to a punchers chance when it was obviously calculated and executed to perfection. He's a one dimensional MMA fight past his physical prime. End of story. His mouth is what kept him relevant and now it's time for him to fade away.
    Chael never lost a UFC fight that bad. No one has.

13. Kano

Another good example Conor McNugget.
    Masvidal didn't land one punch the entire fight.

Palma likes this.
  14. Palma

Palma I am chaos

He's not a shitty person, he's just a shitty MMA fighter. I can forgive him for that
    Your standards are very low

Miz likes this.
  15. Kano

Joanna Jenjaycheck claimed she was still the champion after she got merced by Thug Rose.

Dimson likes this.
  16. Miz

He is definitely not the number 1 in the world.

Palma likes this.
  17. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Did that fight last 5 seconds as well?

18. Kano

Well ya, I'm here ain't I.

Kevo and Palma like this.
  19. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

No but being a sore loser isn't an impossible task no matter how badly you got your ass kicked

20. Kano

No. But it was a drubbing and JJ talked shit after.

Dimson likes this.