Bellator heavyweight title tourney: Fedor, Mir, 'Rampage,' Sonnen among big names booked

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Sakara=Excitement, Nov 10, 2017.

?

Who will win the Bellator HW Tournament?

1. Fedor

12.2%
  2. Frank Mir

4.9%
  3. Matt Mitrione

24.4%
  4. Roy Nelson

9.8%
  5. Chael Sonnen

2.4%
  6. Ryan Bader

22.0%
  7. King Mo

4.9%
  8. Rampage Jackson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. An alternate to be named later

19.5%
  1. GangGreenWarrior

GangGreenWarrior Well-Known Member

I'll take Holm and Mir. Same bet.

2. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement America's Most Wanted Site Donor

Since Cat doesn't want it let's do it.
    --- Post Added -- Nov 24, 2017, ---
    Lol. My punishment? So Holly is going to win?

3. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

You down for the Mir Fedor bet or not?

4. Sakara=Excitement

I was wanting to be a cunt but sure, why not. Just make sure I can get a shot to run it back if I lose.

5. Cat--Smasher

Sounds good. Two weeks. Sig bet. I got Fedor, you got Mir.

A built in rematch, not sounding all that confident ;)

6. Sakara=Excitement

7. disposableassassin

disposableassassin The flying hand trucks of justice Site Donor

It is funny as fuck to me that rampage always whines about not wanting to fight wrestlers, then gets matched up with wrestlers.

kanobro and Sakara=Excitement like this.
  8. Cat--Smasher

Rory MacDonald thinks he’ll be used as an alternate in Bellator’s heavyweight tournament

9. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon

Jesus, he really wants to end his career with a bang apparently. Dude gets genuinely fucked up by fighters in his own division. How the hell is he going to do against legit HWs and LWs? 1st round destruction is the logical answer (I'm assuming for everyone's evaluation.) Seriously, how the fuck does he think he'd match up well against anyone in the tournament, other than maybe Chael (yes, I really do understand the hypocrisy of my statement)? Dude'd get KO'd by every one of them in under 3 minutes, tops.

I get that he's got a boner to participate in a tournament, but set your sights more reasonably. Beat Lima and call out Michael Page. If Venom hits him with a flying knee to the forehead, and Rory's skull doesn't cave in, then ok... maybe he's ready for the LHW division.

10. Cat--Smasher

I would love to see the Canadian Psycho enter as a second or third round alternate and win this shit.

Bellator should have just done it open weight... on a boat in international waters.

11. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

I think Bader has a solid chance of winning it.
    Would love to see a motivated Fedor, but that's been a long time since he was motivated to compete.

If they're even considering Rory, I wonder how an open-weight Bellator Supreme Badass tournament would go.

12. Fe1

Fe1 4 Division Champ

Joe Warren would win. Duh

13. Sakara=Excitement

Matt Mitrione says he kicked UFC matchmaker for ‘lying’ to him, Joe Silva responds

14. Cat--Smasher

15. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

Shane Carwin claims he asked to be an alternate for the tourney. Bellator declined and told him they'd offer him a deal, but he would have to fight for a year and take warm up fight to fight for a title.

I have to admit, I'm impressed with bellator not just jumping on the wagon to sign an ex-ufc fighter.

irconically enough, he approached the UFC too. they told him he could come back, but offered him $40,000/$40,000 and he'd have to fight on the under card. I guess his ego couldn't accept it so he declined. saying that he was getting 6 figures, and even 7 for fighting brock. guy hasn't fought in 6 years and left losing back to back fights and apparently thinks he demands top pay? Even after burning Rizin and not honoring his contract there. lol nope

this might have been posted elsewhere, I saw him post a retirement thread on Reddit, where he's adored

16. Fe1

Fe1 4 Division Champ

He doesn't deserve top pay but low 6 figures maybe. And at least a fight on the televised prelims. The guy is a former champ after all.

17. MacEwen

MacEwen Best kratom distributor

Not only a former champ, but he brings fucking nukes into the cage, why WOULDN'T they want that to be seen

18. GangGreenWarrior

GangGreenWarrior Well-Known Member

Because if the fight goes past the first round he's got 0 gas left and looks horrendous.

19. MacEwen

MacEwen Best kratom distributor

He's only had 2 fights in his entire career go passed the first, worth the risk id say

Fe1 likes this.
  20. Malevolence

Malevolence Hurt like you’ve never been loved

Didn’t Carwin announce he’d retired yesterday after turning down a 40/40 contract offer from Bellator?