Avengers Infinity War (SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by TriangleSmoke, Apr 29, 2018.

1. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

If you haven't seen the movie, want to avoid spoilers and are currently viewing this thread, then go fuck yourself, dummy.

Regarding the ending--is half of the world's population now out of existence after the infamous "snap of the fingers?" God I thought that was such an impactful scene.

I think we can all agree there's a grand plan with this because Dr Strange likely saw this as being the only scenario where they defeat Thanos. Presumably Starke must be alive to defeat Thanos, hence asking Thanos to spare his life as a trade for the time stone.

I wonder where the folks are who disappeared? Perhaps in some alternate existence? God May 2019 can't come soon enough! What's everyone think? @Tapout you're in the know as far as film/plot structures and whatnot. How do you think it goes down in Avengers 4?

Goremire and Dimson like this.
  2. TriangleSmoke

I'm also curious as to how Agents of Shield will play off of the ending of Infinity War. Hopefully they have some creative tie-in, although I understand AOS is technically not part of the MCU.

I read Antman and the Wasp takes place before and during the events of Infinity War. I wonder if any of the events of Infinity War will be addressed in that movie?

3. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

I'm thinking woo will some how be able to use the time stone and go back.

4. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

I don't think AoS will tie in at all. I think they're worried about having an awesome and probable farewell season this year and that's it.

Anyone else think Gamora is alive within the Soul Stone? I really do.

As for half of Earth's life being gone, that's at least how many are gone. In the comics, he wipes out half of life in the universe, and considering that the Guardians that were on Titan and not human all disappeared, I'm thinking it's more than just Earth.

I don't think I have any complaints with the movie, but I am a bit disappointed that it would appear that the two great characters introduced in Ragnarok are gone, in Korg and Valkyrie. But the whole Asgard thing confuses the hell out of me. In the opening scene, it seems like Thanos destroys the ship entirely, and when the Guardians find Thor, it's among a slew of bodies and wreckage. But when Thor is talking to Rocket(Rabbit), he mentions that he watched half the population of Asgard get destroyed or killed or whatever. So where is that other half?
    --- Post Added -- Apr 29, 2018, ---
    Also, I don't know how I'm going to be able to not go see it again tonight. Goddammit.

5. TriangleSmoke

I also think Gamora is within the soul stone. I imagine Ant Man and the Wasp's ability to shrink into the quantum realm could have a role in saving Gamora in addition to using the timestone if/when they get it back?

Goremire likes this.
  6. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

There is so much to love about this movie, but I want to focus on Thanos for a minute. I know Ledger’s Joker walks on water for some people, but I loved how layered they made the Mad Titan in this. He’s not just pointlessly evil and destructive. If anything he’s motivated by what he believes will help the greater good and there is clearly pain behind his motivation.

One of the best scenes is when he’s inside the soul stone with young Gamora. She asks him if he did it and what it cost? He replied, “everything.” That was so well done.

Kevo, split2874 and Goremire like this.
  7. TriangleSmoke

And the way Brolin actually said the word"Everything." So heavy. I'm going to see it for a 3rd time sometime this week. Frankly I thought Brolin stole the show, and I cannot wait to see him in Deadpool 2.

Kevo, kc56 and Nebraska like this.
  8. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

It only took how long for Thor to finally become the badass he is. Wonder if they will ever give Thor the Odin force to make him even more fucking awesome.

9. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

did anyone else see how the hulk buster suit got out of the rocks after Thanos embedded him in it?

I dont know if the theater fucked it up, but he was in the rocks, Thanos got all the stones, everyone was turning to dust and then bam, the hulk is walking around in the big iron man suit with it intact (or as intact as it was) and they didnt show how he got out of it

plus Peter Dinklage as a giant was just fucking perfect

10. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

My guess for that was that like the scene on Knowhere, Thanos used the Reality Stone, so when he left, shit just went back to normal, like what happened to Drax and Mantis earlier in the film.

Nebraska and Trodden like this.
  11. Trodden

I didnt even think of that

I just figured the copy of the film was fucked up or something

good call

Kevo likes this.
  12. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Yeah, that's my guess at least. I know once he raveled and cubed Mantis and Drax my jaw was on the ground until he left and they started returning to normal.

Goremire likes this.
  13. Trodden

I figured the Drax and Mantis cubing was just some illusion or trick he played on them since he didnt have all the stones yet

but it makes more sense than the copy of the film was flawed

when they showed the hulk suit walking around there was like 10 other people and me saying 'wtf, how did he get out of the rocks?'

I was waiting for Bruce to Hulk out and break out of the rocks in some cool scene and it really pulled me out of the movie for a minute

14. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Did everyone else go from six to midnight when Thor showed up in Wakanda?

And when Stormbreaker owned the fully-powered gauntlet at the end?

I’d always thought Marvel had nerfed him for years, but they really amped him up in Raganarok and Infinity War.

Kevo, disposableassassin and Trodden like this.
  15. Trodden

a lot of people cheered when Captain showed up the first time in the movie but I have to admit I was instantly an 8 year old when Thor showed up in Wakanda and started kicking ass

16. ILJO

ILJO Bitch-Nigga 3000 Site Donor

Is Hulk afraid of Thanos after the ass kicking he took? Is that why he wouldn't come out?

Kevo likes this.
  17. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

That's what I'm thinking. Could also be that he had made some friends on the Asgardian ship and seeing them get massacred like that fucked him up. I think, aside from the Avengers, that was the first group of people to appreciate Hulk.

But yeah, Thanos fucked. Him. Up.
    --- Post Added -- Apr 30, 2018, ---
    I mean, that or Hulk-rectile Dysfunction

Kevo, Dimson and Trodden like this.
  18. ILJO

ILJO Bitch-Nigga 3000 Site Donor

I caught up on Thor Ragnarok (hadn't seen it) a few days before seeing the Avengers. It could maybe have something to do with what Hulk was saying on that planet about nobody liking him on Earth....

But I was definitely thinking it was the Thanos ass whooping he took.

19. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

I definitely think it was the Thanos beatdown. If it's anything else, I think that would be in addition to the whoopin'. But the whoopin' is doing the heavy lifting in this scenario.

20. Trodden

I figured it was because of the damage he did to Earth in 'Ultron' and was afraid of losing control on Earth and killing a bunch of people and not being able to go back to 'Bruce' after being Hulk for so long when he fought in the arena for Jeff Goldblum