1. Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. "UFC on Fox: Poirier vs. Gaethje" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims started at 3:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

At least 27 dead in Texas church shooting

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by ATJ-Lucko, Nov 5, 2017.

1. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion Survival Pool Champion

2. slikguy

slikguy Damn!

that's shit. RIP

3. ATJ-Lucko

[​IMG]
    --- Post Added -- Nov 6, 2017, ---

4. Peezy

Peezy Voice of the people

Leftist, atheist, Antifa goon murders church goers is the real headline here, but Hollywood and the media weighed in and it's a gun issue. Not a mental health issue, not an issue of our political discourse being so filled with hatred that it is trickling down through society, it's all the NRA and Republicans faults.

I didn't see anybody blaming the truck or Home Depot in NY last week, but this week it's the gun.

5. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I didn't do it.

6. Trodden

Trodden Talk louder, I cant hear you

[​IMG]

7. Ninjastix

I'll admit I thought about it. Can you blame me? Mass Shooting is one of the most popular shows in America. I'd kill to be on it. Not sure I'm dying to though... statistically speaking that seems more likely.

disposableassassin and Trodden like this.
  8. Trodden

live long enough and there will be a 'Dateline' movie about you

9. Ninjastix

Yeah I'm not killing myself after I go spree shooting. We still pay police, let those fuckers earn their salary.

Trodden likes this.
  10. Trodden

wouldnt you want to see who plays you in the movie?

11. Ninjastix

Nah, Kevin Spacey's career is over and Nic Nolte ain't long for this world.

12. Trodden

Im sure Kid Rock is available

13. ATJ-Lucko

no matter what ideology or motive the person had the problem is people with mental health issues shouldn't have guns, you can't stop someone from using a car or truck to kill people but you can stop these mass shooting by having sensible and reasonable gun control laws.

The NRA and GOP have won and you win ever time there is a mass shooting, every gun death is your victory, there will be no new gun control laws ever, so why are you so mad? you won congrats.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  14. Ninjastix

I recommend snopes.com, might clear up a few assumptions.

We have a gun problem. Beyond mental health, beyond violent crime, beyond drug addiction, independent to itself, we have a gun problem. Both ideologically and in practically, we have a gun problem.

The longer people want to deny the problem the worse the problem gets. I'm convinced there is no tragedy tragic enough for Americans to give up the illusion of power, authority, and freedom that guns represent.

ATJ-Lucko and disposableassassin like this.
  15. disposableassassin

disposableassassin The flying hand trucks of justice Site Donor

I don't understand the need for anyone other than on duty military personnel to have an assault rifle.

16. 0mega1

0mega1 Well-Known Member

I heard the dude had a felony for domestic violence so legally he shouldnt have been able to purchase or own a gun. So on top of (obviously) being mentally unstable he is also a felon. So, he either illegally purchased/secured this gun or whoever sold it to him is fucked.
    You really think laws keep people from doing shit they're not supposed to do? If you believe that I have some ocean front property in Arizona Id like to sell you.
    Drugs are illegal. Why do people still get high? Driving drunk is illegal. Why do people still get DUI's? Murder is illegal. Why do people still kill each other?

Dimson likes this.
  17. ATJ-Lucko

why is it that this only happens in America and not other countries, gun control laws do work.
    Drugs are illegal but i could call a friend and be snorting coke in an hour ask him to get me a gun and that might take months and i would have to deal with some shady bikers. But with your argument if people are gonna get drunk and drive anyway so even have any laws to to begin with, people gonna rape why have a laws against it.

18. Peezy

Peezy Voice of the people

It doesn't only happen in America, just at a higher rate here. The are many other countries without strict gun laws that don't have our level of gun violence. Our cities with super strict gun laws like Chicago have the worst violence. We have a hearts and minds problem here. Nobody has a good solution to it, but when tragedy hits some love to grandstand and say we need stricter laws. The existing laws aren't curtailing anything, going as extreme as banning guns won't fix the problem either. I've yet to hear a good solution, just a lot of finger pointing and politicizing.
    --- Post Added -- Nov 6, 2017, ---
    Spell out exactly what a sensible and reasonable gun law would look like and how it's different from what we have now. You confident it stops the nutter form getting a gun and shooting somebody with it?

19. 0mega1

0mega1 Well-Known Member

Thats not my argument at all. My argument is making something illegal or in this case putting more restrictions on something isnt going to keep people from doing it or keep it from happening. Those laws are in place so there is recourse/consequences to people's actions. People are going to rape regardless of the law. What having a law in place does, is make it so if that person gets caught then there is a consequence i.e. jail time. Laws are never for prevention they're for repercussions.

20. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Laws will never 100% stop anything from happening, but it 100% does make a difference. I know many people that don't smoke weed because it's illegal. I'm sure there's people out there that would kill their ex if it didn't mean doing jail time. I also know plenty of people that cut back on drinking and driving once the laws got a little stricter. To pretend like putting a law into effect makes zero difference is pretty silly, imo.

Ramma and disposableassassin like this.