1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

Any old school RPG fans in the house?

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by Bran, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

i just figured out my PS3 can play PS1 games, so i've been playing chrono trigger a bunch the last few days and god i love it. if i beat it anytime soon i'll probably go to final fantasy 6 next and maybe Chrono Cross if i can find it anywhere for cheap. any other RPG fans here? seriously some of my all-time favorite games.

some of my faves:

Final Fantasy VII(obviously)
    Final Fantasy VI
    Final Fantasy IX
    Chrono Trigger
    Chrono Cross
    Parasite Eve 1 and 2
    Super Mario RPG
    Suikoden I and IV

Goremire likes this.
  2. BlueFlow

BlueFlow Training Muay Thai with a bum hip sucks

Waoh!?! They had Crono Trigger for PS1?

3. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

you kidding me?! yeah, it was part of Final Fantasy Chronicles. two discs, one had CT and the other had FFIV, the original japanese version that never hit stateside. they also put out FF Anthology which had FF V and VI and there was FF Origins that collected FF I and II.

4. Monsonbychoke

Monsonbychoke Well-Known Member

5. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

which ones?

6. strife

strife I

final fantasy 7 is my favorite game of all time. I'm just about to start up a new game of it once I finish this online course I'm taking.

the parasite eve games were amazing (but those are more of survival horror IMO)....but if we're talking survival horror how bout some dino crisis?!

The Legend of Dragoon was incredible as well and had a badass combat system.

7. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

i've still never finished FFVII. i've been at the point where i can fight sephiroth whenever i want for literally like 10 years, but i get my ass kicked every time and i'm sick of leveling up. i'll eventually do it though, maybe when they make it downloadable for ps3 or something.

and i love parasite eve. i wouldn't say its more survival horror, but its probably about 50/50. great games.

i never played Dragoon, but i heard it was great. i think when it came out i was a little turned off to playing an RPG that wasn't from Square.

8. Monsonbychoke

Monsonbychoke Well-Known Member

IN no order but the bold I am leaning to more

Suikoden II
    Chrono Trigger
    Final Fantasy II
    Dragon Warrior
    Baldurs Gate
    Diablo series

9. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

I've wanted to play Suikoden II for so long, but its super rare. i've seen it on amazon for as high as $7,000, but the average price for a new copy is $200-300

10. LookItsLance

LookItsLance fuck if I know...

Hmm lets see...I love RPG's. Played some SNES ones back in the day. Really got into it after FF7. I have beat that game so many times, did everything possible with it but still enjoy going back to it. Some of my favs are...

FF3,4,6,7,9,10
    Lunar Silver Star Story Complete
    Mario RPG
    Shining Force 2
    Terranigma
    Xenogears

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Shit forgot FFT

11. Peno

Peno All will fall

I used to play the shit out of Legends of Dragoon and the Breathe of Fire series.

12. 2mcgrath

2mcgrath The Ace up our sleeve..

i liked all the final fantasys and legend of dragoon was an awesome game right up there with ff

13. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I use to love RPGs, JRPGS especially...

I started with Shinning Force I and II, but for the life of me I can't remember what I played immediately after...

Favorites are:

- Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9... with 7 being probably my favorite game of all times. I've done everything in the game, have damn near every items, and would still play it tomorrow if I could find my memory card.

- Legend of Dragoon, steadily my second favorite rpg of all time. Kongul FTW!

- Suikoden I and II, I still have II somewhere but if it's not packaged and unwrapped then it's worthless.

- Crono Cross
    - Wild Arms
    - Vandal Hearts
    - Final Fantasy Tactics

Never got to play Crono Trigger because I didn't get a SNES till after they had discontinued manufacturing it. Same for Earthbound and FFIII.

I've played dozens of others but fuck if I can remember the names. I used to have the Sega Channel way back in the day, it allowed you through your cable provider to stream Genesis games. But I can't remember all the shitty ones I played.

14. kc56

kc56 Well-Known Member

I too have developed a love for JRPGs.
    Some of my faves were
    -Kingdom Hearts.
    -Legend of Dragoon
    -Blue Dragon

there are probably others, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
    I recently got Star Ocean and Lost Odyssey for the 360. LO is pretty playable to me so far, but I have recently sidetracked myself with Overlord2 and NCAA10, so maybe someday I will get back around to it...

15. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

to ninja, i dunno if you have a ps3, but you can play FFVII on it and save to the HD without a mem card.

and KC, i got Blue Dragon and played for like an hour drunk one night, so i don't remember much of it, but my 360 power cord got wrecked when my place flooded about a month ago, so i haven't really played since. its supposed to be somewhat of a spiritual sequel/follow-up to the chrono series, so i'm interested in checking it out.

16. kc56

kc56 Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure that Legend of Dragoon was the first RPG that I started playing as an adult. I think I played one on the NES or SNES when I was little. A friend that had been into the FF series forever lent it to me to try out. It worked. I was pretty hooked. I also got completely hooked on Kingdom Hearts a few years back. I didn't love/get into KH2 though. Is it just that I need to play deeper into it? Or is it just not as good as the original?

17. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

first RPG i ever played was FFVII and from then i was hooked. i got Parasite Eve and the ps1 FF collections and pre-oredered FFVIII.

a great RPG offers more bang for your buck than any other style of game on the market. where else can you get a great story AND 60+ hours of gameplay?

18. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

No I have the game on cd (and while forever) and I also have my memory card somewhere in my junk drawer... with my uber saves...

I just would love to sit down and take stock over everything I completed...

I may have to pick up a ps1 someday just for that.

19. Peno

Peno All will fall

When I was a broke ass in college all I bought was RPG's because I could play the shit out them for much longer than most games without getting bored. Don't play them much now that I'm older nad don't have as much free time. Mass Effect and Fallout 3 are the only RPG's I've gotten into lately. If I had no life I'd probably pick up Lost Oddessey and Star Ocean, they look pretty good.

20. marco47

marco47 Well-Known Member

I dont play video games much anymore but i did like Final Fantasy 7 and Chrono Trigger. Kingdom Hearts 2 was good if that counts.