1. Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. "UFC Fight Night 137: Santos vs. Anders" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims commence at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC Fight Night 137: Santos vs. Anders.
Dismiss Notice
In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable. Official 2018 Annual Pick 'Ems Challenge: UFC Fight Night 137
Dismiss Notice
Every day above earth is a good day. Survive or die: MMASpot Survival Pool - Season 86.

AMC's "The Walking Dead" Discussion Thread *No Comic Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by bradlabo, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

like Emo Darryl?

Poindexter likes this.
  2. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

A close resemblance. A variety of substances contributed, but the similarity cannot be denied.

m1ckey kn0x and Trodden like this.
  3. Trodden

4. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

Oh you fucking would.

Trodden likes this.
  5. Trodden

6. ILJO

ILJO Bitch Nigga 3000 Site Donor

Oh my god, that whole preacher more reasonable than doctor thing was almost a deal breaker for me. Seems like they're pretty close to jumping the shark.

7. Neganomics

Neganomics I know nothing.

The shark has been jumped like a million times over at this point.

Trodden likes this.
  8. Poindexter

That shit where you can catch the infection from being hit with the zombie blood (puncturing the flesh) when it never has been an issue before (given how many times the blood has been smeared on people) is a bit much. If this was the case, it seems as if it would have been known quite some time ago.

Trodden likes this.
  9. split2874

split2874 Moving Forward

I am painfully watching the end if this season. I actually fastfoward through a lot for the dialogue. I just don't care anymore and just want to see what happens.

10. Neganomics

Same. The dialogue is absolute fucking atrocious at this point.

11. JeterLover27

Negan could of been killed 367,897 times at this point. It’s getting fucking obnoxious.

12. Noise

Noise Ruido

Hm, been a month now and still extremely elated over that weakling (Carl's) death.

13. Palma

Palma I am chaos

"I'm gonna kill you, but first, let me tell you the reasons I can't let you live."
    "Well ain't that just another punch in the Dick."

Poindexter likes this.
  14. Poindexter

I hope they take a Bowie knife and split Eugene from his asshole to his throat.
    --- Post Added -- Apr 15, 2018, ---
    They sold me hook-line-and-sinker with Eugene. So happily surprised with that—though they let on on a bit too much in the seconds before. Unfortunately, I don't buy the animosity from Maggie, Jesus, and Daryl against Rick. That's so unbelievably forced/contrived. No need to keep Negan alive, either. Let everyone else live. Punish him. Makes sense. This new storyline doesn't.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    m1ckey kn0x likes this.
  15. JeterLover27

Slice his throat like that and he will live. Lololol for fuck sake!!! No he is dead ha so ridiculous.

m1ckey kn0x and Poindexter like this.
  16. Ramma

Ramma Judo Throws Arouse Me

I actually really don't care about Negan being alive.

I just think Maggie plotting against Rick makes some sense (minus the "Dark Maggie" poorly filmed scene), but Daryl....who just let Dwight go but now wants to kill Negan...going against Rick is ridiculous. Jesus, who vanished all season, just spent the season encouraging Morgan not to kill....and is now going to help Maggie?

It is the worst change in story I think I've seen. Again, Maggie wanting to still kill Negan makes complete sense. But this Dark Trio shit was just cringe and awful. The level of sense it doesn't make is unreal. I'm just praying that S9 or S10 is it for the show.

My concern with this show was that AMC would hold onto it for as long as they could. It is painfully obvious at this point that they are running out of directions to go and it is just chugging along.

How many more times are we gonna see Rick go from batshit crazy to peace Rick? Is Maggie ever going to have the baby?

I understand that the comics have gone on forever and yada yada yada, but TV doesn't work that way. This show has been dwindling since S7 imo. Maybe during the mid season premiere of S6 with the weird "Let's kill Jessie so we can do the Machonne love story instead" moment....

Negan is great but from a story stand point, Negan is just the next big bad guy. Then there will be another big bad guy. Rinse and repeat..

The show is starting to just suck. I don't know how else to put it.

Poindexter likes this.
  17. Neganomics

I think I’ve finally come up with the one overarching reason that the show has been terrible for the past couple of seasons.

Everyone is now Lori.

I’m going to let you guys think about that one for a little while before I elaborate.

18. Ramma

Ramma Judo Throws Arouse Me

IMO, it's not that.

It's just so much of the cast is just in limbo. Outside of Daryl being caught in S7, has he done anything since they left the prison 4 seasons ago? Maggie has been pregnant for 2 seasons. Tara is doing nothing but being, in this case, a Lori. Michonne is with Rick but also doing nothing. Carol has hooked up with the 400th kid for the next kid storyline. Morgan/Rick have bounced between literally insane/crazy to peaceful like 9 times. What is the point of Rosita exactly? Jesus is borderline comical how he basically disappeared from having any importance the entire second half of the season.

Carl, of all characters, is the only one that has developed since Negan showed up. Obviously Eugene as well. There's room for Aaron to grow. Dwight was more interesting than 90% of the cast. Father Gabriel is doing something.

The majority of the main cast isn't doing anything. Which tells me the show writers don't know what to do. IMO, at this point, they should have kept Glenn alive and killed off Daryl. Glenn had more story to be told. Even the way they changed Negan. S7 Negan seemed like a much more interesting character than S8 Negan (who is basically the tragic villain at this point).

Seems to me like the main cast has played their part and the writers are lost. Which is my point. The show is dragging on. They are giving time to the supporting cast over the main cast because they don't know what to do.

Even the Whispers. From what I understand of them, the concept sounds cool. But realistically, it's just the next bad guy group. People vs people....again. It's just such a rinse and repeat formula. I wish they'd just pull a Game of Thrones at this point. Break completely from the story and find an end game. Have it be with Georgie or the helicopter and let's call it a day.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Poindexter likes this.
  19. Noise

Noise Ruido

I wish Rick nothing but pain and anguish after that Carl-esque pussy shit he pulled at the end; I hope fate takes what he has left and fries it in front of him until he has less than no emotion left to shed. He's a weakling whose FRAGILE morals will and should cost him everything. He is a dork like his dead son.

That said, I'll probably keep watching this show until it gets cancelled :cupcake::cupcake::cupcake:.

20. split2874

split2874 Moving Forward

The final fight between Rick and Negan was a let down. Glad the season is over so I don' feel like I have to watch it

Poindexter and Hillary's Vagina like this.