1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

Alexander Gustafsson wants Daniel Cormier, will settle for knocking out Luke Rockhold

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Alexander Gustafsson wants Daniel Cormier, will settle for knocking out Luke Rockhold

@lukerockhold , your teammate is holding MY Division hostage, and you think there are only easy fights at LHW. If u think Romero hits hard, then wait till you come to the big boys. I want @dc_mma , and knocking u out will keep me warm in the meantime. Beware of coming up in weight because I will be standing at the front door waiting.

2. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Gus is sounding pitiful these days.

Miz likes this.
  3. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Wouldn't mind seeing Alex knock Luke out. Wouldn't mind that at all.

Fe1 and chuckthechamp like this.
  4. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

5. Rise

Rise Well-Known Member

horrible choice of opponents to call out even if it's a very winnable fight..... goes to show how shallow LHW is at the moment though

Kevo likes this.
  6. NotSoDarkAngel

NotSoDarkAngel Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Gus sees this as a very winnable fight and a way to work off any ringrust before a title fight. Not a terrible idea with how thin the LHW division is at the moment.

7. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I like Goose but calling out a guy who just got his head knocked off in a lower weight class is weak. Goose should take on a heavy weight, like his peer DC is doing, in the mean time. He should call out Cain if he wants to take on a DC team mate.

8. kc56

kc56 Well-Known Member

Sure, I agree,

but who knows when, or if, Cain is going to fight again?

9. dan the man

dan the man Gina Carano's personal sex slave

Why would /should Gus fight a HW? That doesn't make any sense to me. Just because Cormier is doing it? What is this, a "me too" campaign in MMA now?

10. disposableassassin

disposableassassin PHASE 3 Site Donor

I have to give gus a ton of shit for this one. He is a big LHW and he is calling out a MW who was just brutally Ko'd. Talk about picking the bones. That looks weak as fuck to me. At least cyborg isn't trying to fight people that were just run over by a truck.

As for rockhold, as much as I enjoy seeing him beaten senseless I do feel that after being put to sleep by Bisping of all people then Romero ass raping him AND kissing him afterward the man could use a win. I'd much rather see him build up some equity in his name at 205 before taking a contender fight.

Miz likes this.
  11. Sakara=Excitement

People giving Goose grief over this are looking to much in to it. His callout of Rockhold is calculated and aimed at one man and one man only, Daniel Cormier. For one, yes, Luke is a MW, but a MW who admits he cuts a lot of weight and will have to move up to 205 sooner rather than later. Rockhold is DC's teammate and friend. This was done to jab at DC and get him riled up.

12. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Just want to let you know that your “me too” joke didn’t go over, so you might want to polish it up before you blurt it out in public.

MacEwen, Kano, Bran and 3 others like this.
  13. Miz

So I’m looking into a man calling out a dude that just got ko’d. Shouldn’t he be calling out someone who just won. And doing it to DC seems petty. I think it’s ok to look into this. AG is still a fave of mine. Just think this call out deserves to be looked into.

14. Sakara=Excitement

Yeah so he just KOd? It's a jab at DC. And it may or may not be petty buy he's angling to fight DC in any way he can. At least how I look at it.

Miz likes this.
  15. Miz

Legit question. I might have killed to many brain cells. How do you abbreviate knocked out?

I get it’s a shot at DC. And I like Gus. Just think it’s a shit call out.
    --- Post Added -- Feb 14, 2018, ---
    That said I’m not saying I wouldn’t watch it.

16. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

[​IMG]

17. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

You don’t like the way he intimated that Gus shouldn’t fight a heavyweight because a lot of women have been raped and are just now getting the courage and support to come out and express that?

18. Trodden

#HW'sToo

Sakara=Excitement likes this.
  19. dan the man

dan the man Gina Carano's personal sex slave

I love how some on here are pissed at Gus because he called someone out who just suffered a brutal loss. Is it because Luke lost, or is it too soon after the loss?? Some are reacting as if Gus wants to fight him immediately, like today, while Luke is still recovering from the loss.....seriously, what difference does it make? What if Gus called him out after a month - would that matter?

Should there be a "mourning" period on calling someone out after a brutal loss, or should one not even get called out?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  20. Trodden