Alexander Gustafsson responds to rumblings of Yoel Romero fight, lays out future plans

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Alexander Gustafsson responds to rumblings of Yoel Romero fight, lays out future plans

Poindexter likes this.
  2. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Alex seems to be trolling lighter fighters for a win.

Fe1 and Noise like this.
  3. Noise

Noise Ruido

Read my mind; kind of an obnoxious tactic, if you ask me. Blondie hasn't fought in a little past a fucking year and decides to get catty on twitter over some aging middleweights.

Qball1974 likes this.
  4. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Pretty sure Rockhold called Goose out first, and he's just responding to DC saying he and Yoel should fight. My man ain't "trolling for lighter fighters", he's saying he'll take on all comers. FUCK, THE MAN SAID HE'D FILL IN FOR DC IF HE PULLS OUT OF THE STIPE FIGHT. Because aside from DC and a juiced Bones, Goose is the best 205er on the planet and y'all best recognize that shit. Heavyweight, light heavyweight, middleweight moving up light heavyweight. They're all fucking dead.

5. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement America's Most Wanted Site Donor

Thats pretty far off base. He called for a fight with 2 LHWs and to be an alternate in a HW match. Model boy called out Goose and DC is trying to play match maker.

AnchorPunch, Poindexter and Kevo like this.
  6. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Sometimes it helps to read more and post less.

7. NotSoDarkAngel

NotSoDarkAngel Well-Known Member

Did he seriously tell DC to "Defend your belt already or relinquish it" and to "stop wasting everyone's time"? He's fought more recently than Gustafsson has. WTF

Thanks Dana for creating a culture of rewarding big mouthed idiots.

AnchorPunch likes this.
  8. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

He's also fighting in another division instead of defending his title against the #1 contender

Sakara=Excitement and Poindexter like this.
  9. NotSoDarkAngel

NotSoDarkAngel Well-Known Member

The number one contender wasn't ready to fight when the Cormier/Stipe fight was booked. Hardly Cormiers fault.

10. MacEwen

MacEwen Best kratom distributor

Best lhw on the planet other then those two? Are you including rumble? (asking cuz you said on the planet and curious if you think goose would win a rematch .Personally I don't)

11. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

He's not a active fighters, that's why I didn't include him. A rematch? 50/50 who wins
    --- Post Added -- Jun 15, 2018, ---
    But goose would be able to fill in for DC if he can't fight stipe? Strange.

MacEwen and Poindexter like this.
  12. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Rumble is now a super HWT.

13. Fe1

Fe1 4 Division Champ

I wish Gus would stop talking about fighting and actually fight.

14. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

He's in a weird spot. The only guys in the top 10 that he hasn't already beat are Volkan, OSP, and Cory Anderson- all of whom are already booked to fight. (Ignore Latifi for the obvious reason.)

I can understand why he's saying he just want to fight for the belt when you look at the rankings but I'm also sick of listening to him complain about it. For the love of god, folks, unionize already.