Alan Belcher is not a happy man.

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Peasant, May 25, 2010.

1. Peasant

Peasant Active Member

Suck it up Alan, another win and he will be in the mix i would think.
    Belcher vs Belfort is a fight i know alot of us would like to see.

2. Peno

Peno All will fall

Sounds like Belcher needs a better agent. He's a good fighter that I believe is ready for some big fights. He definately brings it. If I had to guess I'd say it's that shitty tattoo thats holding him back.

3. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

yeah I think it might be too late to 'suck it up'. he just called into question the credibility of their ranking system, and accused joe silva of playing favoritism, and not giving him fights because he doesn't like him.

He'll be sitting for awhile now, you can bet on it. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't fight again, or is 'steered' away now. he doesn't have THAT big a fan base. not even close to what he thinks if he thinks he's more popular than the guys that are fighting.

That was a VERY dumb way to address that...... almost as dumb as that humpty dumpty tattoo

4. Killer Instinct

Killer Instinct Active Member

He's been given bigger fights is the past and he's lost a lot of those fights or won very close decisions (ie Okami, Grove, Jason Day, Ed Herman, and Sexyama.) 2 fights ago he lost to Sexyama and now he thinks beating Goveia (who was coming off a loss and long layoff) and than beating Cote (who was also coming off a very long layoff) puts him in line to call out the champ?

He needs to take the Jon Fitch approach to things. He needs to just shutup and win fights. If he keeps winning fights the UFC will not be able to ignore him. This was the entirely wrong way to go about things.

5. Gmunit

Gmunit Slightly Used

he should've called out Bisping instead of Anderson

I really like Alan as a fighter but have never been a huge fan of his "Me-Me-Me" attitude

6. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

Fuck Belcher. Hopefully they give him someone like Belfort so he gets the ever living shit kicked out of him. I can't stand that guy.

7. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

I'm not a big fan of Belcher but I agree with alot of his points, not about him being deserving or needing more money, but the jumble-itis that affects not only the middleweight division but every division. Hell, the UFC's video game has a better ranking structure than they do in real life.

8. thumper

yes but basic, generic common sense would tell you to find a better way to express that. he just fucked himself bad.

9. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

With the UFC, there are only 2 ways:

1)Do what Belcher did.

2)Do nothing.

Either way, the UFC is a machine and you can't win. Belcher would be better off fighting out of his contract and leaving because he'll never be a title contender anyway. He'd have a better chance in Strikeforce or Japan.

10. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I'm not much of a fan of his either. Performance is most everything in the UFC unless you're already a name. If he continues to have impressive performances then the rest will take of itself. He doesn't want to go the route Huerta did, where it's an instance of be careful what you wish for.

11. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

did huerta wish for tougher fights?

12. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Well he wanted better promotion from the UFC, one way that happens is by fighting bigger names. They gave him Kenny and he was embarrassed for 3 rounds. Then they gave him a wrestler who outboxed him.

Voicing dissatisfaction about your exposure in the UFC isn't always the best way to get the push. But if you get it, you should be prepared for it.

13. thumper

lol I'm glad you've got experience in negotiating contracts with the UFC. but it's not rocket science to figure out that calling their entire ranking system, and match making into question is not the way to do it.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

That's not right. i don't believe it at all. it has VERY little to do with talent and performance and almost everything to do with money, based on what the UFC thinks you can bring in.

Otherwise, a 5 and 7 over the last almost 6 years (and a HORRIBLE 13 and 12 overall) phil baroni wouldn't be brought back into the UFC, and it just happened. and the other most glaring examples are kimbo slice (rofl) and Brock lesnar coming in at 1-0 and immediately going onto a main card fight against Frank Mir.

The UFC makes fights based on how much money they will generate. period. and there aren't any exceptions. Well except of course if dana doesn't like you. you know, like roy nelson who is fighting JDS but should have been there to start with

14. iverbure

iverbure Active Member

shut up you whiny ass bitch, there is a reason why you aren't getting a promotional push, its because 1. you lose to guys like Kendall Grove and 2. your just a guy.

The fact that Dana for some reason loves the guy is more than he deserves .

I don't hate Belcher, he is a decent fighter. But everytime he wins, he thinks he deserves to fight Anderson. When you win like 4 fights in a row against top guys you should be than calling out the champ. like i think Okami should have been doing. When you lose to Kendall Grove you should shut the fuck up until you have beaten at least two more tough guys.

Belfort and Akiyama are in front of him along with Marquardt, Maia and Sonnen. So even if he does win he next fight. he still has at least 2 more guys in front of him, so he deff needs to win 2 more fights in a row. Not lose 1 and win 2 and expect a title shot.

and he would have lost to a heathly Cote who hadn't had 1 year of rust.

15. ArMnHC

ArMnHC Great Chimdale County Man

im a fan of his and he always puts on a show, but this wasn't too smart i think. he is right about one thing, matchmaking in the MW division is probably the worst they got. i dont think he'll be shelved cuz of these comments though. i think they might give him a fight that really doesnt do anything for him as punishment. get him pissed off a bit. i dont think he realizes that the fights with Kang, Akiyama, and even Cote were huge opportunities for him. those were big names! and i even think he got screwed in the Akiyama fight. hopefully he didnt screw himself entirely here but who knows lol

16. iverbure

iverbure Active Member

fights with Kang and Akiyama i seen as opportunities to push other fighters, if they won.
    of course Kang choked and Akiyama fight was very close. i think i had it for akiyama 29-28. He seems to be the ufc measuring stick. They dont really care if he wins or loses cause his fights are decent.

i hope he gets Maia next and gets subbed in the 1st. They should have put him in there with Okami, they hate Okami. I hate to here what he have to say if he has gotten the fights okami has gotten.

17. ArMnHC

he fought Okami before lol

18. iverbure

iverbure Active Member

shit how long ago was that, i can't remember it.

wow i am so good at enforcing my arguements. Now the list of guys ahead of alan belcher for a title shot grows.

Sonnen, Belfort, Winner of Akiyama/Wandy, Okami, Marquardt Maia.

Yep Alan 3 more wins and you might be there.

19. ArMnHC

they fought at UFC 62 in a prelim, Okami won a UD. Belcher did a pretty sweet front flip to get out of an Okami RNC lol

20. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

i like belcher a lot. i feel like he should be fighting better guys, but i also feel like cote was a step in that direction. now that he beat cote he should be getting better and better comp should he keep winning