1. Nothing any good isn’t hard. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura.
Dismiss Notice
Pick a peck of pickled pick 'ems: UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura

A Harvey Weinstein question

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by thumper, Oct 25, 2017.

1. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

So now there are at least 60 women coming forward claiming either harrassment or flat out rape.

My questions are as follows.

How many of these women actually had no contact at all and are trying to jump on the easy money list?
    How many of these women did get fucked/munched or gave head, but were actually consenting, figuring it would get them in the movies?

In other words, if 60 women are claiming harassment, many are claiming he jerked off in front of them, several are claiming flat out rape. how many do you think actually agreed, and are now changing their story because it's an easy mark?

I don't doubt for a second that he's raped and coerced many women, but I do wonder which are telling the real truth.
    --- Post Added -- Oct 25, 2017, ---
    As a follow up, what percentage of a-list actresses do you think, at one point, fucked a producer or other high up person for the sole purpose of getting work?

Maybe definitely I'm cynical, but I am going to guess 95% have, at some point.

finally, of a-list actors (men) all people in show business, what percentage do you think knew Harvey was, at least, asking for sex to further their careers, meaning at minimum harassment?

I'd venture 100% knew

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  2. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Tainted supplement distributor Site Donor

There are always going to be bandwagon jumpers that are looking for a quick buck but I'm willing to bet almost all of these women went through something horrible with piece of shit.

Hollywood is disgusting. I'm certain everyone knew what was happening. It seems too obvious. His close friend Tarantino said he knew of the complaints and chose to turn a dismissive eye towards them. He owned up to his responsibility in it because he didn't come forward.

Side note: Kevin Smith said 100% of all future profits from any of his movies that were produced by Weinstein will now go to charity.

thumper likes this.
  3. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

I'm with you. Tarantino at least owned up to it. That is pure respect! To me the Kevin Smith stuff is a preemptive "I'm sorry" that doesn't really mean the same thing. That's what I hate about that whole 'donating' thing. Especially an 'im going to'. can't even wait till they actually do it.

there are actors that do charity all the time. Some of them don't say a word. Some get outed even when they try to keep it quiet. Those people really have my respect. I think Dolly Parton donated huge chunks of money and even some tit fat to charity.

100% of the those that do so quietly have my respect even if i don't like them. Lady Gaga is a great example. I hate her whole shtick but respect the hell out of her because she quietly donates money to some stuff. At least that's what I understand. There's someone else I heard about that does that. I'm pretty sure Keanu Reeves does it quietly too.

By the way, who are they donating to? Shouldn't it be to the women that are actually getting raped? That's a hard one to figure out.

disposableassassin likes this.
  4. disposableassassin

Yeah Smith publicly announcing that he was donating to charity reeked of him just jumping out in front of this thing before the media started jumping on the "bankrolled by rape money" narrative. I'm sure he saw this as a tax write off as well.

At least Tarantino was ready to be honest about his role in things and take the blame he knew he deserved. I would bet my life on the fact that every A list director on Harvey's payroll knew of the goings on, directly or indirectly, and kept quiet.

Did you hear that he completed his sex addiction rehab in 1 week? What a fucking joke.

Trodden likes this.
  5. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

A prodigious talent?

6. disposableassassin

Just experienced I imagine.

7. BadKarma

BadKarma Active Member

Jon Jones finished coke rehab in a day, so the bar was already set.

Nebraska, Qball1974, Dimson and 2 others like this.
  8. Trodden

Trodden The autumn air Thickly fills my lungs So sweetly

based on statute of limitations and lack of physical evidence, I cant imagine many have any chance of winning a civil suit, so I dont think many are joining this to 'win some money'

Im sure most, if not all, are coming forward so he cant abuse any more women

fuck that piece of shit Weinstein

fuck him

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  9. Miz

Miz Badlands

Hey the leader of the free world just "grabs them by the pussy." Is normal.

10. disposableassassin

The constant degradation of women is sickening. It seems a majority of men in positions of power are predators.

11. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist

did you hear that one women that had a press conference the other day, she told him she didn't do bj's but she let him fuck her anyway, now she is upset, probably mostly cause she didn't become a famous actress, you don't see Paltrow up there complaining she had to suck his dick.

Whenever you have power over someones career you gonna have turds like weinstein, some women will gladly fuck there way to the top, others won't plus it makes it worse that weinstein is horrible looking, if he was handsome i am sure we be getting a lot less women coming forward.

Everyone is making out out this is a man problem when its a power problem, you could replace all the male executives with females and they would do thee exact same thing as the men did, they would get the young actor or actress to fuck them too, women are not immune to this.

Also i don't care what others knew its not Tarantino or smith's job to control weinstein behavior. I am pretty sure women knew he did the casting couch thing and i bet a lot of them decided to go that route to fast track their career.

12. disposableassassin

What I'm getting from this post and maybe I'm oversimplifying things, is that they were asking for it....

I can't support any opinion that makes this the fault of the women for being preyed on by a man with power.

Who gives a fuck if it would happen if the women had a majority of the power in Hollywood? That's not how it happened.

Poindexter likes this.
  13. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist

no they weren't asking for it but you knew the job when you signed up for it, don't become a janitor then complain when you see shit. If you go to a hotel to meet up with a big time executive it's not play Pokemon.

14. disposableassassin

Do you not see where they were manipulated and coerced? Guys like Harvey use their power to prey on desperate people.

It's mental manipulation at its worst.

15. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Head scratching thread for sure.

Doubtful many women need a reason to jump on a bandwagon here because even with admissions by Weinstein it's not like he's an automatic payout. Most of the money would be tied up in litigation or bankruptcy if it came to that point.

I thought Kevin Smith's commentary on Hollywood Babble on was genuine. And a 2k per month for life contribution is significant.

Overall a horrible situation perpetrated by degenerate men.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    TriangleSmoke, Afro, Kevo and 2 others like this.
  16. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

This. I fail to understand the purpose of focusing on potential liars similar to the needle in an enormous haystack. And this ideology is exactly why sexual assault goes unreported so often. Immediately discrediting those willing to step forward because of the possibility that they might have something to gain. It's gross

17. KevoIsAPoopyHead

KevoIsAPoopyHead SMOKE BOMB!

Reped

18. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Why is it so important whether people are quiet or not when they donate to charity.. I am not by any means taking a shot at your opinion here I am just curious because I am generally confused on why it's something people think about.

19. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I'm not really a fan of the #MeToo thing only for the obvious reason it comes across as victim or attention culture run amuck, I get that. I would rather be seen as a survivor or an endurer than a victim personally but each person handles their pain their own way. I don't think the concentration here should be on the accusers. It should be on these fucking douchebags that ruin it for the rest of us that don't need to be told not to grab someone's ass or pull our dicks out.

I got a problem with the enablers personally so I can sympathize there. I can't be mad at a Joe Paterno sympathizer yet excuse a Tarantino or Affleck. This clearly wasn't a priority for people, they clearly didn't want it to be their business and I understand it.. don't respect it, and will have 0 sympathy if and when supporting facts come to light.

I'd just rather spend more energy thinking about ways to excise some of these utterly redundant douchebags than worry whether everything they're being accused of is 100% accurate. Maybe that will at least instill a healthy fear in some of the wanna-bes.

Afro, Kevo, kanobro and 1 other person like this.
  20. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist

as i get older i have less sympathy for adults, you put yourself into situations and you know people are looking to get something from you especially if they are gonna do something for you, if weinstein is gonna make you a star he is not doing it out of the goodness of his heart, and its not like its your right to be in Hollywood, its not a regular job, it's a lottery ticket to fame and fortune. It's totally different than getting sexually harassed by your boss at your normal job.

I feel bad for the kids, you see the shit Brain Singer has done and the parties at Michael Huffington place and now this thing with Kevin Spacey.