1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

$300m Puerto Rico Recovery Contract Awarded to Tiny Utility Company Linked to Major Trump Donor

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by ATJ-Lucko, Oct 24, 2017.

1. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

A tiny utility company linked to a prominent Trump campaign donor has been awarded the massive contract to help rebuild the crippled island.
    Ken Klippenstein
    10.24.17 7:29 AM ET
    Puerto Rico has agreed to pay a reported $300 million for the restoration of its power grid to a tiny utility company that is primarily financed by a private-equity firm founded and run by a man who contributed large sums of money to President Trump, an investigation conducted by The Daily Beast has found.

Whitefish Energy Holdings, which had a reported staff of only two full-time employees when Hurricane Maria touched down, appears ill-equipped to handle the daunting task of restoring electricity to Puerto Rico’s more than 3 million residents.

Much larger utilities are more commonly used following natural disasters on the scale of Hurricane Maria, which devastated the island last month.

The private-equity firm that finances Whitefish, HBC Investments, was founded by Joe Colonnetta, who serves as its general partner.

Federal Elections Commission data compiled by The Daily Beast shows Colonnetta contributed $20,000 to the Trump Victory PAC during the general election, $2,700 to Trump’s primary election campaign (then the maximum amount permitted), $2,700 to Trump’s general election campaign (also the maximum), and a total of $30,700 to the Republican National Committee in 2016 alone.

Colonnetta’s wife, Kimberly, is no stranger to Republican politics either; shortly after Trump’s victory, she gave $33,400 to the Republican National Committee, the maximum contribution permitted for party committees in 2016.

2. 0mega1

0mega1 Well-Known Member

Meh, this kind of shit happens all of the time in construction contracts. Behind closed doors deals.

3. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Drain the swamp!

Kano and Sakara=Excitement like this.
  4. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

drain the swamp, build a wall, replace affordable health care.

Poindexter likes this.
  5. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

6. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

He’s saying the government didn’t help Puerto Rico?