1. Having nothing to struggle against, they have nothing to struggle for. "UFC on ESPN 1: Velasquez vs NGannou" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 4:30 p.m. ET (ESPN+).
    Dismiss Notice

2019 NFL Football Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by FrankieButNotEdgar, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

If you haven't watched the AAF yet, you really should. Let's go Apollos!
    [​IMG]

2. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

I had noticed Bob Costas hadn’t been on NBC the past couple years which suits me fine. I can’t stand him. What I didn’t know was NBC shelved him in 2018 at the Super Bowl because he kept disparaging the NFL while his bosses at NBC we’re negotiating a tv rights deal. I don’t fault Costas for the things he was saying about concussions and player safety. But is anyone actually a fan of Costas? I’ve always found him incredibly pompous and pretentious.

3. Amlap

Amlap Could have won state

Screw you, I've been watching the PBR

Dimson likes this.
  4. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I always liked Costas. His work during the Olympics really stands out.

Poindexter likes this.
  5. FrankieButNotEdgar

He’s a great reporter or journalist or whatever you wanna call him. I just feel like he’s incredibly in love with himself.

6. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Most folks in broadcasting have big egos. They kind of have to.

FrankieButNotEdgar likes this.
  7. FrankieButNotEdgar

Fair enough.
    --- Post Added -- Feb 11, 2019 at 12:12 PM, ---
    Kyler Murray has “committed” to football.

Please, oh please God, don’t let Jon Gruden draft this kid.

I fully expect him to be a solid football player. But damn it, Derek Carr is already a solid football player and I’m stick of the team starting over from scratch.

Kevo likes this.
  8. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I would be mildly surprised if Carr is under center for the raiders week 1.

9. MBC

MBC Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree

10. FrankieButNotEdgar

Kareem Hunt signed with the Browns. Has he been suspended yet? He and Nick Chubb would be a potent ass 1-2 combo in that backfield. Joe Thomas retired just as the team was getting good.

As for Carr, it would be a big fucking mistake to trade him. I hope his strong finish this past year was enough for Chucky to stick with him. Drafting a talented but raw player like Murray with size questions is a big fucking gamble and I don't have patience to fucking start over if that fails.
    --- Post Added -- Feb 11, 2019 at 1:26 PM, ---
    Eric Reid re-signed with the Panthers for 3 more years.

11. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Are the Browns....are they the favorite to win the AFC North?

12. FrankieButNotEdgar

Depends on what happens with the Steelers, Antonio Brown, and Le'Veon Bell and if Lamar Jackson develops into an accurate QB. The Browns could be coming. And Mayfield has at least 3 more years on his rookie deal meaning they will have cap space for the foreseeable future.

13. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I figure Bell and Brown are gone from the Steelers, wouldn't be surprised if they missed the playoffs again. I don't think Jackson is going to be a top tier QB, I think it'll set the Ravens back a couple years. The bengals are the bengals. Soooooo......yea the Browns. I think 10 wins should get them the division.

BEARS VS BROWNS SUPER BOWL LIV!

FrankieButNotEdgar likes this.
  14. FrankieButNotEdgar

I actually think the Steelers will be better once they get rid of Brown and Bell. I think it will improve their chemistry and they're gonna get something in return for Brown and maybe even Bell. They'll be fine.

The Ravens, I'm less sure of. As long as Jackson is their QB, they're going to have to ride that defense hard. His style of play will win some games but he's either going to get hurt or they're not going to be able to put up enough points to be a serious enough threat. Their best bet is to make sure they have a solid damn backup so when Jackson gets hurt, which he eventually will, the backup can come in so they don't fall off.

I still don't understand their decision to make Jackson their starter but whatever. I'll still root for them over everyone but the Raiders.

The Browns are coming though. They can't sneak up on anyone anymore but they've got a lot of young talent on that team and they very well could win the division.

I've read a few places that both Bell and Brown are in play for the Raiders. FUCK THAT! If you're going to trade away Mack to free up cap space, don't immediately go out and sign a malcontent like either one of those two that are going to eat up a bunch of cap space.

I read a story this morning commenting on the Raiders QB situation and they put both Flacco and Foles in play for the Raiders if Carr goes somewhere else and my answer to that is still, fuck no. Carr should be the Raiders starter, unquestioned. Get him some fucking help and he will be a great QB and no, I don't consider Brown or Bell help. They come with too much baggage.

15. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Flacco to the Broncos.

16. Amlap

Amlap Could have won state

Good move for both.

17. FrankieButNotEdgar

It’s a dark, dark day for me. I’m a big fan of Flacco and I can’t root for the Broncos. Motherfucker!

What’s next, Foles to the Cowboys?
    --- Post Added -- Feb 13, 2019 at 11:16 AM, ---
    They should have sent Keenum to the Ravens to backup Jackson.

18. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

So you gotta figure Keenum is getting cut or moved. That's two big ass QB contracts on the payroll.

19. FrankieButNotEdgar

They need to trade Keenum. If they cut him, he will count 10 million against the cap in dead money. If they trade him, it’s only 7 million. But he’s owed 18 million on this years contract so any team that trades for him, absorbs that.

The Ravens save 10 million but carry 16 million in dead money.
    --- Post Added -- Feb 13, 2019 at 11:21 AM, ---
    Man, I hope the Cardinals draft Kyler Murray. If he’s still there at number 4, I can picture Gruden fucking up and drafting him. If he’s off the board, Carr should be safe.

20. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Coy isn’t a fan of Kyler Murray.

[​IMG]

Dimson and Kevo like this.