1. "UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Early Prelims start at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 NFL Football Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by FrankieButNotEdgar, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Amlap

Amlap Could have won state

Think they'll win two and lose one. Belichick and Brady will retire together after that.
    --- Post Added -- Feb 10, 2019, ---
    Honestly, i think 15-18 million a season is a good price for him. Especially now, but his talent is greatly overrated. He isn't worth 20 to 30 million a season. You're right, they wouldn't have the team around him to win championships if he was the highest paid player in the league, and he doesn't have the talent or athletic ability to carry any team on his own.

This "Greatest Quarterback in history" claim is a joke. First pass was an Int and never passed for a touchdown. He had one good drive against an above average (certainly not elite) defense.

If Brady was on the Browns he'd never win anything. He's the perfect game managing qb for that offense, and has mastered Belichick's system over a decade and a half, and they've given him great protection and a consistent running game. He also has a solid defense and special teams game to keep every game competitive.

But paying him 20 to 30 million a season would end his career

FrankieButNotEdgar likes this.
  2. MongoloidByChoke

MongoloidByChoke Well-Known Member

So the first pass he throws is an INT and that’s one of your reasons why the the claim that he is the greatest QB of all time is a joke. You do not think his stats speak loudly over his career? Also the, “ what if’s” are just that. He has won he has been at the top of the game and he is the best that has played that position. The excuse that his team is what wins it is garbage in my eyes. Not because that it’s not a valid statement but because, yah that’s what you try to achieve as a team. Work as a team to win all these titles. The fact that he has been able to lead these teams with these coaches and have to manage the way he does on the field, nearly flawlessly says enough in itself. I would venture to guess if you asked people in the game and out, assuming they were putting their hate for him on the back burner, they are going to take brady everytime to lead their team to win on the last drive of any game. No one else at his position manages a game like he does. He is a genius IMO when it comes to scanning defenses and finding the flaw.
    Also your Browns comment, he won’t win on the browns because no one will win shit with the Browns. There is an aspect of having the rest of the team knowing what the fuck they are doing. Basically you can’t take credit away from a QB because his team is better coached and in most cases with much less talent then other teams. No one can doubt football is a team sport but as a QB you shouldn’t be only considered good or great if you win only on piss poor teams that are coached like dog shit.

3. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Doesn’t matter how it happened. The man has six super bowl wins.

4. Amlap

Lol, are you at the emotional part of your day?

He's not the greatest quarterback of all time, he's not even the best quarterback of his time. He's the quarterback of the best team. He's a top quarterback for sure, but he's not the best or the greatest.
    If you go to the superbowl every season you're going to win.

jesusatemyhotdog and Poindexter like this.
  5. Miz

I think there are quarterbacks that can do more/different things, but they haven’t won 6 Super Bowls. Winning matters, right? No way Brady throws a no look pass twenty yards down the field while on the run, but he has six rings. I think the most important thing you can do in a season is win a title. Brady has done that better than anyone.

6. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

Let's not forget that 5 of the 6 Pats Super Bowl had some sort of cheating controversy over them. Spygate, Deflategate, and then Edelman being MVP same year he was suspended for PEDS. Cheetahs!

7. Amlap

No other quarterback is on the Patriots.

Why stop with Brady? Gronkowski is the Best TE season because they won the superbowl. Edelman is the best WR because they won. Gostkowski is the best kicker in the NFL because he made two fieldgoals and won the superbowl.

8. MongoloidByChoke

Nah I don’t get emotional. I just disagree that’s all. I may be a bit tired, lots of hours this week. Loottttts

9. Amlap

Ehh, I'm not getting into that. Everyone cheats.

I'm just saying that just because they are the greatest team doesn't mean the positional players are the greatest.
    Lol, okay cool. My opinion isn't popular, but I have my reasoning.

Personally I'd rather be a champion than the most talented.

10. MongoloidByChoke

Edelman is not the best nor is he a hall of famer. He has the same stats as dion branch. Gronk is one of the best TE to play the game without a doubt. Gostkowski is a damn good kicker but not the best. Stats... along with winning will make you the best.
    upload_2019-2-10_18-14-26.gif
    Well @FrankieButNotEdgar is neither so now what ya got?

FrankieButNotEdgar likes this.
  11. Miz

Definitely not the most talented. I think talent is only a part of greatness, right? He definitely landed in the ideal situation, but that’s true of most great players, right? No Scottie Pippen and Jordan doesn’t have 6 championships. Aaron Rodgers is a better quarterback, but he isn’t the greatest, right? I might be wrong. I’m not saying im accurate in my assessment.

12. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

If you don't believe Tom Brady is the goat qb, then you have to believe bb is the goat coach.

13. Amlap

I do

jesusatemyhotdog and Kevo like this.
  14. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

I believe Belichick is the greatest coach, by far. You have to give Brady credit as being the greatest QB of all time because of his accomplishments. Two things can be true though. I believe that had Brady not been with the Patriots and had been on a less superior team, he wouldn't have achieved nearly as much. I believe that had Belichick had Rodgers, they would have been unstoppable.

Kevo likes this.
  15. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

Coy: “I’d rather have championships instead of money.”

Also Coy: “I would take Rodgers over Brady.”

chrisc and MBC like this.
  16. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

I’ve honeslty never understood the whole “well you’re making enough already.”

Anyone can look up how much I make, by no means am I rich but I love comfortably. Should I not accept my next raise to help the government out?

17. Nebraska

Good for you. 2019. What’s his name?

18. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

So you can stalk him like you did the last one? You must really like getting arrested

19. Nebraska

Just want to make sure he sees the cornbread and ketchup video so he knows where that mouth has been.

20. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Envy gets you no where