1. "UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Early Prelims start at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 NFL Football Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by FrankieButNotEdgar, Feb 4, 2019.

1. CA_Gas Bag

CA_Gas Bag Well-Known Member

Not everyone has a wife that has the ability to make as much if not more money in their respective career. They're both fortunate to be capable of doing so.

Sorry, I meant to say, "Fuck Tom Brady. Fuck Edelman and fuck the Patriots."

2. MongoloidByChoke

MongoloidByChoke Well-Known Member

I think patriots go again this year. Will have a better team and there are talks about trying to get brown or jones. I would be very pleased with either. Although I don’t feel brown is a good fit. Might not last. But I could be wrong.

3. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

Brady will decline more this year but he’s smart enough to keep the team good. They’ll make the title game at least.

4. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

My prediction:

Gisele gets Tom Brady pregnant before week 8 and he retires

Dimson, MBC and Kevo like this.
  5. FrankieButNotEdgar

I’m all for saying fuck Tom Brady but the justification is a cop out. Last I checked, Brady is making somewhere in the 15-18 million dollar range per year. He could he making double that but he takes less so the team is better balanced. Saying he does that because of his wife’s money is a cop out. What decent human being couldn’t live comfortably off 15-18 million dollars per year. If you don’t, money is your priority over winning.

6. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

If I was any player in the NFL, MLB, NBA, money would be my priority

Nebraska, MBC and Kano like this.
  7. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

But not NHL? You muppet.
    --- Post Added -- Feb 10, 2019, ---
    Sorry just wanted to bash @chrisc . That was admittedly lame.

chrisc likes this.
  8. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

You mad your supplier ran out of the blue pill again

Miz likes this.
  9. Miz

It’s a jagged little pill I take. You hear me Monson. You know, that I’m here, to remind you of, of the mess Tom Brady made of me.

10. FrankieButNotEdgar

If you told me I can make 15-18 million a year and win championships or 25-30 million a year but play on a mediocre to shitty team, I want the championships.

11. Miz

If I could make 30 million instead of 15 million I would. How much does Brady make a year?

chrisc likes this.
  12. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Fuck that. A championship ring doesn’t do shit for me when I’m older, nothing for my kids and grandkids, nothing for my help. I’m good.

13. FrankieButNotEdgar

So 15 million a year over several years isn't enough for you to live on for the rest of your life leaving something left over for your kids and grandkids? Not to mention the endorsements and off the field money you can make with that money that being a champion brings?

14. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Who said it wasn’t? For one, you Dunno how many years you’re gonna play. You could get paralyzed the first game of the season. I’m getting as much as possible. The more I make, the more I can do. You’re looking at it as how much you’re gonna have in your bank account. I’m loooking at how many friends and family and kids of my friends and family I could help pursue their dream and help build their own empire. How much more I could do for my community. So yeah, if I’m making 15 million but someone would give me 30 million, youre god damn right I would take it. Because those same people will cut your ass once you’re not beneficial to them. (Props to the Steele’s on how they handled the situation with their guy though)

Kevo likes this.
  15. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Keep in mind these contacts aren't 100% guaranteed either

Nebraska and chrisc like this.
  16. CA_Gas Bag

CA_Gas Bag Well-Known Member

It affords him the opportunity to help make the team better. It also shows he isn't worried about making AAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL the money.

I don't recall saying he couldn't live comfortably on the money he makes...unless...

[​IMG]

Tom Brady is a horrible human being for doing this.

17. MongoloidByChoke

Brady in all your heads! The take over has happened. Lol
    Also you give me 15 mil I’ll make it last my whole lifetime. Silly humans

FrankieButNotEdgar likes this.
  18. Miz

Yeah right. You’d be courtside at every sporting event in Boston. You’d be broke in five years.

19. Amlap

Amlap Could have won state

2 more over the next 5 seasons

MBC likes this.
  20. MongoloidByChoke

I like that. I was thinking possibly 3.
    Nahhh it’s all about investing playa. Got to know what to do with that money.

Miz likes this.