1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

2018 SDCC Trailers: Aquaman, Shazam, Godzilla

Discussion in 'Movie, TV, & Video Games' started by Nebraska, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

chrisc likes this.
  2. kc56

kc56 Well-Known Member

This movie looks shittier than I expected. Even considering the idea of a Vincent Chase Aquaman movie, and all of the DC Comic movies that have also sucked before this.

Ninjastix likes this.
  3. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Shazam looks great

4. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

How does this look different than any origin story Marvel/Disney ever released?

Hell yes.

I think Godzilla stole the show today:

5. kc56

kc56 Well-Known Member

Shazam and Godzilla 2 look interesting.

I’ll amend my original statement.

Aquaman looks exactly as shitty as I expected. Maybe slightly better. I just don’t see a way to make an Aquaman movie appealing. I brought up Vincent Chase because, at least to me, that was part of the bit on Entourage. Aquaman has always been a very unappealing superhero to me. They already did an incredibly shitty Justice League movie that had him in it, so (at least to me) the time to do an origin movie for him would have been BEFORE that terrible Justice League movie.

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I’d be surprised to find out that audiences came away from Justice League thinking “you know, if only I knew more about Aquamans back-story...”

I see this as the studios attempt to capitalize on what they see as Jason Mamoas current popularity, and try to continue to go toe-to-toe in their losing effort with Marvel movies. I will be shocked if it is anything other than MST3K bad, just like Justice League.

Noise likes this.
  6. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

To the surprise of no one, here's how I view each one:

Noise likes this.
  7. Noise

Noise Ruido

The name alone, "Shazam" - like, already off to a bad start and then sure enough. Unfunny kids movie trailer with - and I laughed when it first hit, lol - a Kendrick Lamar song to draw the urban crowd in? The FOH.

Seriously though: Shazam looks like a big budget kids movie which the trailer offered nothing in the way of interest and Aquaman just didn't exceed (or meet? I don't even know) expectations or anything.

Zero atmosphere with both of them; Momoa can't - I don't know, but is this going to be another forced humor thing?

Didn't really pique my interest. Was looking forward to both trailers but yea. A kids movie with a Lamar contract and a C-level Avatar thing with Momoa in the lead. We'll see.

8. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Hopefully they end up being like as FS1 event with an (on paper) underwhelming fight card.

Noise and Dimson like this.
  9. Noise

Noise Ruido

Co-sign.

10. unforgivn

unforgivn Nunquam Fidelis

Godzilla looked surprisingly good. The other two? Meh.