1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

2018 NFL Football Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by FrankieButNotEdgar, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Palma

Palma I am chaos

New rumors, everyone is up to possibly be traded, even Carr. Who knows what the fuck is going on now, lol.

On one hand I can't believe they were legit contenders for the SB only two seasons ago, fired a competent OC and promoted a young QB coach that didn't workout. I believe that was Del Rio's decision.

On the other hand, that entire team 2 seasons ago was based on Carr's performance and he just isn't a confident QB anymore. Crumbles under pressure, makes bad throws at critical times, checks down most of his passes. So, maybe a complete overhaul is the answer.

If they were to get a 2019 draft pick for Carr and one for Cooper, it would almost be like an expansion team type draft with a good Oline and some other solid players.

I do really like what Gruden did with the draft. All those rookies are playing pretty good, considering the circumstances.

2. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I can't imagine the raiders getting a first round pick for Carr at this point

Fedorlei Gomipierre and Palma like this.
  3. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

Yea they could. Carr is a good QB. He’s just getting killed right now. The O-line is a shell of itself from 2 years ago.
    --- Post Added -- Oct 17, 2018, ---
    The Raiders would have been better last year had Carr not hurt his back early. So Gruden didn’t necessarily have to gut the team. He did though so now he better rebuild it right. I still like Carr. But he needs a boat load of help.

Palma likes this.
  4. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Maybe because quarterbacks are in such hot demand, but I don't think he's worth the first round pick

5. FrankieButNotEdgar

But that’s exactly why. There aren’t enough starting caliber QBs in the NFL and Carr is in his physical prime. He was just an MVP candidate a year and a half ago. He’s getting killed on a bad team. That’s not all his fault. Put Carr on a better team and he’s thriving.

This is when Chicago gave up so much to get Trubisky.

6. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I don't think he's looked the same since his broke leg. I don't think he's worth a #1 draft pick

7. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Obviously not, if Gruden would rather have a top college qb. Because that is the figurative and litteral trade off.
    --- Post Added -- Oct 17, 2018, ---
    I agree with Coy. The first two games last season they looked unstoppable and then they destroyed by the Redskins and he broke his back the game after.

He sure gets awkward when he gets tackled. You can't coach that, my friend

8. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Like Brock Lesnar taking a punch to the face.

Although Lesnar never cried

9. FrankieButNotEdgar

He hasn’t because he hurt his back in week 2 last year and struggled with it all year.

This year he’s running for his life. Even still, his completion percentage is in the high 60s and he’s in the top 10 in yards. He’s just asked to do too much on a team not good enough to support him. If they just fixed the O-line, it would solve a lot of those issues.
    --- Post Added -- Oct 18, 2018, ---
    @Dimson

44126076_2169158916464118_7581336392404303872_n.jpg

10. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Yeah. That is pretty funny. Could be worse. Could be a Raiders fan.

11. FrankieButNotEdgar

The Cardinals fired their OC and promoted Byron Leftwich to the spot. This whole coaching staff is a joke. Larry Fitzgerald and David Johnson deserve better.

12. Dimson

Byron Leftwich is probably my favorite college QB of all time. Too bad he never lived up to his potential in the league.

13. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

The Paul Bunyan tales of Byron just hurling the football end zone to end zone made me a fan of his for life. Ditto Jeff George and Kyle Boller

14. Dimson

Carlos Hyde trade to the Jaguars for a 5th round pick. #championship

15. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

You folks know about Chiseled Adonis? It's the only way I can watch NFL highlights.

Dimson likes this.
  16. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Can't watch it.

17. FrankieButNotEdgar

Is Fournette hurt that bad?

Speaking of injured running backs, Marshawn Lynch is gonna miss 4-5 weeks with his injury and could he headed to IR.

18. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

So you're a fan of underachieving qbs. No wonder you root for the raiders

Fedorlei Gomipierre and Dimson like this.
  19. Dimson

Not sure. They haven't announced what we are going to do about our current RB situation.

20. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

Kerry Collins fuuuuucks

Dimson likes this.