2018 NFL Football Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by FrankieButNotEdgar, Feb 5, 2018.

1. chrisc

chrisc Ninja

Tim Tebow is a God

2. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Keeping Lynch and cutting King is very hypocritical if he's trying to make a statement.

3. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

It's odd I agree, the only thing I could think of when we cut King is that he was flirting with the idea of retirement and maybe that was enough to tip the scales in favor of cutting him but my concern is more-so that we cut King, cut Walford, save almost 3 mil against the cap and yet no reward for the savings... Still no Bowman but to be fair McKenzie is notorious for signing vets like him last minute (See Charles Woodson) but also no Mack extension yet either.. I mean no teams turned things around on the back of their punter so in the grand scheme of things it's not the worst move made but it would still be nice to see something come in return of these moves.

Palma likes this.
  4. Palma

Palma I am chaos

If Gruden gets Carr and Cooper going, they'll be dangerous again, for sure. And I got excited about the staff he put together, I just don't like what they have done with their own personal and who they have signed for the most part.

5. Afro

Yeah I agree, I think all the moves he made could work out but it depends on how much more production he can get out of the guys we've already invested in like Carr, Cooper, Mario Edwards, Jared Cook, Gadeon Conley

Palma likes this.
  6. Palma

Palma I am chaos

And just like you said about Patterson, they could have gotten something out of that.

7. Afro

On the plus side though we are loaded with draft picks this year, and next. Could use to move up in draft or load up and hope to land a few sleepers, historically the Raiders have been great at finding those 4th, 5th, 6th round guys that perform.

Palma likes this.
  8. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

[​IMG]
    --- Post Added -- Apr 2, 2018, ---
    All your mascots can suck it!
    [​IMG]

Kano likes this.
  9. Palma

Palma I am chaos

That's what I'm saying. If they're counting on this FA season as depth and locker room chemistry and the draft to carry them forward then I'm cool with that. If the draft leaves me scratching my head too, then I'm just gonna have to see what the product is on the field.

What scares me is I have the feeling that they think Mack, Carr, and Cooper can carry the team by themselves and they obviously cannot.

I'd feel alot better about things if they signed Bowman.

10. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

From what I read, there is an offer that was made to Bowman but he's taking his time on deciding whether or not to sign it.

They just signed Dwayne Harris.
    --- Post Added -- Apr 3, 2018, ---
    Pats trade Brandon Cooks to the Rams for their first round pick. Some lower round picks were also exchanged.
    --- Post Added -- Apr 4, 2018, ---
    RG III signs with the Ravens.

Palma likes this.
  11. JonesMadeDCcry

JonesMadeDCcry SMOKE BOMB!

Pats now have 2 R1s, 2 R2s, and a 3rd round pick as well.

12. Dimson

Pats gonna Pat.

13. FrankieButNotEdgar

And a 41 year old QB and a bunch of drama playing out behind the scenes.

14. Dimson

15. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

Argos jerseys are looking good.

Macgyver and Dimson like this.
  16. JeterLover27

JeterLover27 Well-Known Member

Lol you want that to be so true... do you sleep at night. So what they have a 41 year old QB who was at the top of the NFL QB statistics last year and went to yet another super bowl, one in which they did not win but he threw for 500+ yards. You don’t know how things work in that organization clearly if you think there is all of this media stirred up drama going on. The media is the same way towards the pats as you are, a bunch of wishful thinkers. lol sit back and watch Tom fall of this cliff... Lolol

17. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

You are going down, bish! Hillary's Vagina rides again!!!

18. JonesMadeDCcry

JonesMadeDCcry SMOKE BOMB!

Out of context, that sounds really gross

Dimson likes this.
  19. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

[​IMG]

20. FrankieButNotEdgar

Those Titans uniforms are pretty nice.