1. War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 123: Swanson vs. Ortega" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims commence at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

2017 NFL Season Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin, Mar 6, 2017.

1. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

We need to go on a serious run here the next 4 weeks. Chiefs, Cowboys, Eagles, Chargers. Not gonna be easy but it's gonna be entertaining. Hopefully Cooper is back Sunday.

Jerry Reese and Ben McAdoo both fired from the Giants. Do you know how bad you have to fuck up to get fired by the Giants after less than 2 seasons. They never do that. They're a stable organization that has a lot of patience in coaching.

2. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Crank some Frank!

How do you expect anyone to take you seriously with a AV like that.

Dimson likes this.
  3. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I think the Raiders can go 3-1. The Eagles are the only ones they have little chance of beating, unless they sit a bunch of starters. It depends on how the Vikings are doing.

The Chiefs and Cowboys are beatable. The Chargers will be tough, but it will be like a home game for the Raiders.

How good did Keith McGill look yesterday?
    --- Post Added -- Dec 4, 2017, ---
    And you wanted me to do a 10 year bet, you fucking asshole.

Walter Sobchak likes this.
  4. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

Most likely, the Eagles are still going to be going toe to toe with the Vikings for the 1 seed so, as you said, we have very little chance of beating the Eagles. But you never know, plenty of teams get hot at the right moment. We will see.

We get the Cowboys the week before they get Elliott back. That's a plus. If we beat the Chiefs this week, that helps a lot. But the Chargers are the biggest concern because of how easy their schedule is from here on out. They may have it locked up before we get a chance to play them again. And for a wildcard, we would essentially need every other 6-6 or 5-7 team from here on out to lose every week because most of tiebreakers. We really can't afford to lose at all unless the Chargers just shit the bed against their schedule.

Couldn't tell you. I'm at work on Sundays when the Raiders play so unless it's dead here, I don't get to sit down and watch uninterrupted. I didn't hear his name called very much and the Raiders didn't exactly get torched yesterday. That's gotta be good for something. That said, we struggled to put the sorry ass Giants away so that's definitely not good. To be fair though, their defense played hard and we were missing both Cooper and Crabtree.
    The Giants are going back to Manning Sunday. That’s fucking pointless at this point. They snapped his streak and the team needs to move on. Manning needs a team to win now, not a rebuild.

5. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

I agree. The Giants should just start the rookie at this point.

6. Walter Sobchak

I don’t understand why they just don’t give the pats the trophy. That way every other team can rest up next year, get healthy, make some deals, get better and try for second again next season.

Palma likes this.
  7. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

Gronk is gonna lose a quarter mil during his one game suspension. That’s an expensive hit.

8. Walter Sobchak

Team will be fine though, nice rest for him as well. He deserves it, the suspension that is.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  9. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

Yea they play the Dolphins. They don’t need him this week.

Hey @Palma, you think Patterson should get bumped into the 1 or 2 receiver slot over Cooper or Crabtree? I think he’s getting better, is fast as hell and can do things with the ball from multiple positions. Cooper has struggled with drops, why not move him to the 3 and move Patterson to the 1 or 2. Crabtree catches almost everything thrown his way so I think he should stay put. Just a thought.

10. Palma

Palma I am chaos

No, he's not better. He doesn't run routes.

Cooper is always double or triple teamed. He's dropped alot of balls but a fair amount were throws that were coming in way too hot from Carr, because the coverage is so tight.

If they use Patterson too much, teams are just going to start crowding the line where he's at and blow it up. His long receptions are short yardage throws where he is one on one with a defender and he breaks a tackle, or they're bubble screens.

Despite the numbers and the drops, Cooper it their best WR.

Downing's play design doesn't favor his style of routes either.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  11. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Patterson is not even close to Cooper's level bro, he is a very limited route runner he would struggle as a WR1 and Cooper is the only WR on the team that gets doubled so why take that edge away

Palma likes this.
  12. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Holton is the only real Flanker besides Cooper anyways. Patterson is more of a Slot Back.

Afro likes this.
  13. Afro

Agreed. Patterson is fine running hitches, screens, and end arounds but other than that or anything passed an intermediate throw he's very restricted. Patterson really isn't a burner either, he's a 4.42 40 guy in a 4.2-4.3 40 world when it comes to burners now-a-days. He's fast though, great agility, and vision but even with Coopers drops he's still the most complete WR on the team, and he leaves Crabtree in man to man situations a lot of the times which is something Patterson can't demand as a WR1, hence why Patterson is #4 on the team.. Roberts is a better WR than he is, and Roberts is pretty limited himself.. in fact I feel Holton might be breathing down his neck.

14. Palma

Palma I am chaos

That catch he made was amazing... lol, so was Roberts TD catch they ruled incomplete.

15. Afro

I hope they use Walford more on 3rd downs, Cook is great because he can do so many things but Walford is a good short route sure-hand kind of TE especially if you need something short in the middle of a crowd. We desperately need to be better on 3rd downs. I wasn't really impressed still with the Offense yesterday, took too long to get going, still iffy play-calling but at least Lynch seems to finally have gotten going. Jalen though I expect will probably be gone in favor of one of our PS guys, or possibly a draft choice next season if he doesn't step up these last few games.

16. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I was okay with the deep balls that didn't work out. It's those 1 or 2 yard passes that make me scratch my head.

17. Afro

Same. We were much better throwing downfield than we are throwing sideline to sideline this year, that's my biggest issue with Downing, I don't understand whether it's that he either doesn't recognize that, or this is just his vision of how he runs and offense and if that's the case it's fucking failing.

18. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I agree tho! Walford was money on third down last year.
    I think he's trying to play it safe. But he was counting on the O line playing better then they have. They looked good the past two weeks.
    Honestly, I don't think he has a system or a vision for the offense.

19. Afro

My vision is we keep Pagano at DC, and replace Downing in the off-season. Pagano gets how to use our defense, we've gotten 10x more aggressive since firing Norton, he's unleashing Mack on 3rd down which was such a fucking obvious vs Norton who TOOK HIM OUT OF THE GOD DAMN GAME FOR NO REASON ON 3RD DOWN, so big time upgrade there.

20. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I think Pagano stays for sure.

With this personal, they should be the quintessential Raider's Vertical Passing and Power running game.

Afro likes this.