1. If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by. "UFC on ESPN+ 9: Iaquinta vs. Cowboy" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 5:00 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
    Dismiss Notice

2017 NFL Season Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by FrankieButNotEdgar, Mar 6, 2017.

1. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

Stay classy.....

PHILLY POLICE SCANNER REVEALS HORRIFIC SCENES IN PHILADELPHIA AS FANS RIOT AFTER SUPER BOWL VICTORY

Trodden likes this.
  2. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

I guess Mac wasnt giving ocular pat-downs

Kevo likes this.
  3. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

[​IMG]

Trodden likes this.
  4. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

I don't get all the Brady crying memes. That kind of shit is stupid. I can't stand the guy but how you gonna make fun of a guy with 5 rings and 8 appearances. It's counterproductive.

Now, I see people arguing both sides of the aisle about the "decline" and how Brady played last night. It's not one or the other. Both stances are true to a certain extent. Brady had over 500 yards and 3 TDs. He picked up a lot of that yardage hitting wide open receivers and had all day to throw so the receivers had plenty of time to get open. Philly's D didn't put any pressure on Brady all night until the last 2 drives. Then they shut him down. It makes me wonder why they didn't try to do that earlier or maybe they were just incapable. Brady showed that he can still play if he's well protected with receivers that can get open. At the same time, he also showed decline in that he's very jittery in the pocket if you put any pressure at all on him and his accuracy into tight spaces has dropped off significantly, hence, the missed throws and the 50 percent passing up to the half. He was still, just over .500 for the game. The bulk of his yardage came in chunks but the guy still clearly has enough to play at a high level. His football IQ will keep him competitive when most players would be done. Next season will be key. New England's coaching staff is undergoing massive changes, even if Belichick stays.

What would you do if you were Philly? Foles is under contract for 2 more years but clearly, his trade value isn't ever going to be higher. Do you keep him as an insurance policy in the event Wentz isn't ready to go? Or trade him for a high draft pick?

Foles will be successful if he goes to a team like Arizona or Denver but will fail if he gets thrown to the wolves somewhere like Cleveland. I like Foles alot. I never got all the shit people were talking about the guy before but he's clearly a system QB. He needs the right system to succeed. He did well in Philly before and now he's doing well again. That may not translate to another team unless they can protect him and give him weapons. I'm not swayed by his time with the Rams. Look how Jared Goff looked under Jeff Fisher. Now look at him. Foles is much better than his time with the Rams.

5. Trodden

6. FrankieButNotEdgar

Celebrate the winner, don't kick the loser.

image.jpeg

7. Trodden

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I made this one, just had to
    [​IMG]

Poindexter and Dimson like this.
  8. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/05/super-bowl-52-eagles-patriots-peter-king-mmqb

9. MBC

MBC Well-Known Member

That was still a great game, eagles got a well deserved win, hats off to them. Brady played awesome, still at the very top of the list in the NFL. Next season will be great I’m looking forward to it. Hopefully they make it back to the big game next year as well, they are favored to win it all anyway. I do not see the 40 year old cliff by any means at all. Time to put on the Celtics and get ready for the Sox!!

Trodden likes this.
  10. Dimson

Haha when I first saw your name I thought for sure this was another Bran' s mom account, lol.

11. FrankieButNotEdgar

12. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

You two make quit the pair

Trodden likes this.
  13. Trodden

a prolapsed Hill muff?

14. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I also am looking forward to baseball season. I plan on getting a 14 game flex pass for the Cubs. It's the closest you can get to season tickets without waiting on line for a decade

15. FrankieButNotEdgar

Baseball was the sport of my youth. It was the only sport I was worth a damn at. As an adult, I find it unwatchable. However, I heard rumblings that there is consideration about adding a pitch clock to speed the game up. If that were to be implemented, I would definitely start watching again.

16. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

They already have a pitch count of some sort. I think they need to do is limit mound visits by the catcher and coaches. And maybe limit pitcher changes.

17. FrankieButNotEdgar

From what I heard, there were talks of adding an actual clock, to limit time between pitches. The story I heard was the commissioner was going to have it collectively bargained but if that doesn't work, he was going to make a unilateral decision to implement it himself. Players are against it but it will help the pace of games. It's like players being against Thursday night football. Meanwhile, they just signed a new contract with Fox that will bring in 15 million dollars more per game ($660 million dollars in revenue) for next year which means higher salary cap, more money for players. The pitch clock would increase game pace which brings viewers back bringing in more ad revenue meaning more player money.

18. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Ok yea, the one they have now I believe is a counter between batters, not pitches. I don't mind the time between pitches, or even between batters really. But the constant mound visits and pitcher changes, especially in the last 3 innings really kill the flow of the game. Kind of like the constant reviews in the NFL. Shit is almost unwatchable.

19. Dimson

Eagle players clearly resorting to performance enhancers to take down Brady.
    [​IMG]
    --- Post Added -- Feb 5, 2018, ---
    [​IMG]

Trodden and Kevo like this.
  20. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Pats will still find a way to be there next season. I love me some Pats losses but they're in it every single year.

As for the season, this says it all:

Trodden and Kevo like this.