2017 NFL Season Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I really don't get the Bortles hate. The guy finally has a competent team around him and what does he do? Completed a season where he set career marks for completion % and interceptions, and lead the Jags to a division title. And correct me if I'm wrong @Dimson, but wasn't his WR core hit with a lot of injuries?

Dude just completed his 4th season. He's growing and improving. They've made the investment in him, I think they should (and will) stick with him for at least the next 2 seasons.

2. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

He threw for less than 100 yards in a wild card game against a team with no offense. Jacksonville got lucky the Bills shit the bed offensively and Bortles routinely shits the bed in big game situations.

Like I said before, I liked him coming out of college and wanted the Raiders to draft him and am now glad they didn’t.

That said, if the Jags defense can continue to carry them, they can be competitive. The Ravens won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer because of defense. But there won’t be any margin for error at all.

3. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I mean, I get it. I just don't agree with it.
    --- Post Added -- Jan 10, 2018, ---
    Your opinions suck, I'm not reading that.

Palma likes this.
  4. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

Likewise.

5. Trodden

Trodden Talk louder, I cant hear you

someone needs a hug

Dimson likes this.
  6. Hillary's Vagina

Hillary's Vagina Black Lives Matter

Ok ok maybe 2%

Beardown98 likes this.
  7. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

8. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

Rich Gannon turned down the Raiders QB coach job citing the time commitment being too much for him and that he would still be involved in a smaller capacity.

Norv Turner is about to become the Panthers offensive coordinator. Norv is not a good head coach but he’s a hell of an offensive coordinator so this will help the Panthers a lot.
    --- Post Added -- Jan 10, 2018, ---
    I’m rooting for your team to come out of the AFC. The helmets are still ugly as shit though.

9. Beardown98

Beardown98 Well-Known Member

It's not hate from me, the jury is out on him and he is what he is imo. This may have been his best year completion percentage wise and that was good for 25th in the league. He's an average QB at best and once Jax moves on he will probably be a perennial back up or stop gap QB and make a damn good living being one.

I wouldn't say he led them to a division title that Defense and the running game did the heavy lifting. Would you not agree that Fournette is more important to sthat offense then Bortles is?

10. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I would agree. But he's a developing qb, and I think he can eventually be a solid Alex Smith level qb. If he continues to develope as he is. I certainly wouldn't replace with Eli Manning as some have suggested

11. Hillary's Vagina

Cold day in hell

12. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

I know right.

13. Dimson

14. Beardown98

Beardown98 Well-Known Member

Did he just........ smh edit at first i thought he was comparing himself to Lebron but really he was saying if people think one of the greatest of all time sucks surely I'll have more because i'm nowhere near him.. which makes total sense, self deprecating.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Kevo likes this.
  15. Dimson

He has taken it all in stride. If he can get his game up to his professionalism when dealing with criticism from media and fans, watch out. There are a lot of guys who would have already imploded with the sometimes unfair criticism he gets.

Beardown98 and Kevo like this.
  16. Palma

Palma I am chaos

He would have been one hell of a backup!

17. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

We will see next year after the Jags get a new starter.

18. Hillary's Vagina

I can’t even tell you how excited I am for the backup QB talk for next season. I just can’t get enough

Dimson, Palma and Kevo like this.
  19. Palma

Palma I am chaos

And then you'll like him?

Dimson likes this.
  20. Dimson

If Blake loses the starting job, no way he stays in Jacksonville top be the back up.