New Features [and how to use them]
There are many new features we didn't have with vBulletin. Here is a list of most of the big ones. I'll try and keep this updated as I add new features.
- When posting videos from places like YouTube and Vimeo, don't put the embed code it, just copy the URL and post that. The forum will recognize it and embed the video in large format.
- Do not use HTML markup in posts. It won't work
- When you want to post a pic from another site, just open it in another window, then you can simply drag and drop it into the quick reply and it will post the pic correctly, including leaving the hyperlink. This also goes for any HTML. so if you grab a story from somewhere, just highlight it and drag it to the post window (either the quick reply or the advanced editor). But remember, if the text is black on that site, it will be black here. so once you drag it, change the color of the text with the buttons above (the icon with the "A" that's underlined)
- PMs now work like threads, you can see the conversation just like a thread, you can also invite others into that conversation directly
- you can also quote just the text you choose. select the text you want to reply to, and you'll see a bubble pop up and you can quote just that text. much easier
- if you want to post a screenshot it's super easy. go to the window you want to show, and press 'alt' and 'printscreen' at the same time. that takes a picture of only the window you have focus on. Then just put your mouse in the 'quick reply' and press 'control' and 'V' to paste that. it will drop in your screenshot. Sidenote: if you want to snap your whole desktop, just hit 'printscreen' and dont press 'alt'
- When posting pictures, use the url, just click the image icon and post it. If you want to upload a pic, it will display a thumbnail. You can change this though. When you upload the pic, on the thread options, where it says 'post, more options, cancel' click on 'more options', that's like the old 'advanced' view. Now, where your attachment is, click the option to show the whole pic inline instead of just a thumbnail. then it will post lilke any other pic.
- Embed Youtube Playlists. Use this methodCode:[media=youtubeplaylist]URL to your playlist[/media]
- New BB code added:
results:Code:[strike]strike out this text[/strike]
strike out text
- Now you can post links to any social media site. instagram, twitter, facebook and over 100 others. jsut post the URL to the item.
- Imgur Album
you can post DIRECT links to any of these sites. do not try to embed, just post the url/link to the item.
ABC News, Amazon Product, audioBoom, Audiomack, Bandcamp, BBC News, Bleacher Report videos, Blip, Break, CBS News Video, CNBC, CNN, CNNMoney, Colbert Nation, CollegeHumor, Comedy Central, Coub, Dailymotion, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, dumpert, 8tracks, ESPN, ESPN Deportes, Facebook, Flickr, Fox News, Funny or Die, Gamespot, GameTrailers, Getty Images, Gfycat, GitHub Gist (via custom iframe), Global News, GoFundMe, Google+, Google Sheets, Grooveshark, Hudl, Hulu, HumorTV, IGN, IMDb, Imgur, Indiegogo, Instagram, Internet Archive, İzlesene, Kontinental Hockey League (КХЛ), Kickstarter, LiveLeak, Livestream, Mail.Ru, Medium, Metacafe, Mixcloud, MSNBC, National Geographic Channel, National Geographic Video, NHL VideoCenter, NPR, The New York Times Video, Pastebin, Podbean, Prezi, Rdio, Reddit comment permalink, Rutube, Scribd, SlideShare, SoundCloud, Sportsnet, Spotify, Straw Poll, Streamable, Team Coco, TED Talks, The Atlantic Video, The Onion, TinyPic videos, TMZ, Trailer Addict, Tumblr, Twitch, Twitter (via custom iframe), Ustream, VBOX7, VEVO, Viagame, Videomega, vidme, Vimeo, Vine, VK, Vocaroo, WorldStarHipHop, The Wall Street Journal Online, XboxClips, Xbox DVR, Yahoo! Screen, Youku, YouTube, Zippyshare audio files.
Lots more to come, this is just the start, and I'd like to once again thank the donors because without you none of this would have been possible.